• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

24 posts in this topic

3.5/4.0

I'm not an expert on this, but I see that this copy has a subscription crease and it's my understanding CGC usually doesn't go above 4.0 for that. Add in the detached staple to the sub crease and I am thinking a little lower.

But I might be totally wrong.

3.5/4.0

I'm not an expert on this, but I see that this copy has a subscription crease and it's my understanding CGC usually doesn't go above 4.0 for that. Add in the detached staple to the sub crease and I am thinking a little lower.

I was talking to Matt from classics incorporated and he has said that Cgc used to not go any higher than 5.0 for a sub crease but that has changed of late and they will go to 6.5ish on occasion.

I am thinking 4.5

4.5, perhaps it might get a very weak 5.0

I think the problem with anything above 4.0 is if you see the staples the front of the cover is torn away.Only being attached by the back cover.The book over all is very nice for the grade though,you gotta love books that look nicer than their technical grade.

3.5/4.0

I was talking to Matt from classics incorporated and he has said that Cgc used to not go any higher than 5.0 for a sub crease but that has changed of late and they will go to 6.5ish on occasion.

I am thinking 4.5

It will depend on how deep the sub crease is and how much colour it breaks.

If the top staple is detached and the bottom staple is popped but attached I'm thinking 3.5/4.0

4.5, perhaps it might get a very weak 5.0

I think the problem with anything above 4.0 is if you see the staples the front of the cover is torn away.Only being attached by the back cover.The book over all is very nice for the grade though,you gotta love books that look nicer than their technical grade.

After reading the owners desription in his selling thread, I agree. Very nice looking 4.0