• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need an opinion from a lawyer and no I do not have $200 an hour to pay.

40 posts in this topic

I saw on the CGC collectors society forums claiming I (gargux) am a thief and using my ebay user name. It is defamation of character in libel form, meaning you you have written things damaging to my character publicly (in this case the entire world) for anyone to see.

If no action is taken on your behalf before Monday December 3rd 2012 and the forum postings not changed by you and removed, a lawsuit for defamation of character will be filed with the State of Ohio Surpreme court located at 65 South Front Street Columbus, OH 43215

Per Kentucky general statutes, I, being the plaintiff in a proposed case, am mandated to make you aware of any and all legal action you may face. I also am mandated, to advise you to retain a lawyer for any and all future, pending, legal action that may be taken against you.

I would prefer if you delete the thread or have a moderator do it and we never speak of this again to anyone of this matter. What you chose to do is up to you though.

You wont hear from me again so any response you make will go unseen.

Good day to you.

Bluster from a non-entity. If he was actually required to inform you of his intentions it could not be done via email.

If I got such a communication, I would ignore it. If it came registered mail or was served in person, I would pay more attention.

:popcorn:

I would say that unless you received the notice via registered mail or were served with a summons, you have nothing to worry about. Threats of lawsuits via email have been made on these boards with those who threaten not knowing squat.

, I, being the plaintiff in a proposed case, am mandated to make you aware of any and all legal action you may face. I also am mandated, to advise you to retain a lawyer for any and all future, pending, legal action that may be taken against you.

That's a lot of mandating. Did they just legalize that in Kentucky or something?

I saw on the CGC collectors society forums claiming I (gargux) am a thief and using my ebay user name. It is defamation of character in libel form, meaning you you have written things damaging to my character publicly (in this case the entire world) for anyone to see.

If no action is taken on your behalf before Monday December 3rd 2012 and the forum postings not changed by you and removed, a lawsuit for defamation of character will be filed with the State of Ohio Surpreme court located at 65 South Front Street Columbus, OH 43215

Per Kentucky general statutes, I, being the plaintiff in a proposed case, am mandated to make you aware of any and all legal action you may face. I also am mandated, to advise you to retain a lawyer for any and all future, pending, legal action that may be taken against you.

I would prefer if you delete the thread or have a moderator do it and we never speak of this again to anyone of this matter. What you chose to do is up to you though.

You wont hear from me again so any response you make will go unseen.

Good day to you.

the fact that this guy had A POLICE OFFICER EXAMINATION TRAINING GUIDE FOR SALE ON EBAY made me laugh harder than anything else today...

Boy, if you can sue people for talking smack on the internet and serve summons' via PM or email - we are ALL in BIG trouble once CAL finds representation.

looks totally legit to me. you should go out and hire a $300 an hour lawyer. pay him/her in spawn 1s at guide.

anywayz, you can always change any statement from one that sounds like a statement of fact to one simply describing allegations or something indisputable like "he has been arrested and charged with _____" rather than saying he's a thief. until he has been convicted, i suppose it's all allegations. but be sure you are accurately describing what he has actually been convicted of.

believe it or not i represented someone once in a similar situation. criminal charges (and a civil lawsuit) had been filed against Person A and then person A turned around and sued person B for allegedly saying to Person C "they've got that crook now" or something along those lines in an effort to shut Person B up who was a critic of Person A in general. needless to say we got the case thrown out and actually got an award of attorneys' fees in the process (and boy oh boy did we bill the krap out of that!), but there were special circumstances that allowed for that in NY.

anyway, this was a pro bono case so we gave the fee award to a charity.