• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

World War Z Trailer

71 posts in this topic

1. I wouldnt judge a movies SFX based on their first trailer. Studios are notorious for releasing these trailers with "not-final" CGI and other effects.

2. In an era of Walking Dead, and other "ground level" zombie shows/movies, I'm very interested in a Zombie movie where we get a good "global" level view of the event.

3. Slow moving zombies work when they can stumble upon you and you aren't well armed. In an action movie where your stars are the military with all the tech to take them out from a distance, fast moving zombie waves are much more of a realized threat. It also creates a great visual that is not just a retread of the last 40 years of Zombie movies. IM on board.

I'm onboard.

Wow, that was a crazy preview.

I agree with fast moving zombies, that's the only way for a zombie apocalypse to work, the military would be able to stop any sort of "walking dead" zombie apocalypse pretty quick by just running them over with tanks and an almost endless supply of ammo for head shots by well placed snipers.

Fast moving zombies would be the only way for society to collapse.

This feels more of like a Crossed comic than the Walking Dead.

Not at all. Everyone always seems to forget in most Zombie based stories you become a Zombie by either being bit OR dieing. That means unless you live alone you are always in danger from someone dieing of natural causes and being reanimated before people even know their is a threat amongst them. Back when I read the Walking Dead I always thought a good way to kill Dale would have been for him to die of a heart attack in his sleep and then start eating Andrea while she slept.

But, in today's modern society how many people just drop dead in their homes on any given day?

Sure, enough for a lot of damage to be done during the initial breakout of the undead, but really, once word got out about what was going on, I think the powers that be would be able to put a lid on it's spread from becoming overwhelming. Especially once the CDC, the military & FEMA got mobilized.

I think the biggest danger would be widespread panic & hysteria more so than the zombies themselves.

As far as this film though, who knows?

We don't know enough details about it's premise to gauge just how much they're expecting us to suspend our disbelief.

Yes, I REALLY do understand that zombies aren't real & that the creative talent behind this film can do whatever they like with the undead, their abilities & behavior. They could do away with ALL the usual tropes if they so chose to.

But, by doing so they risk alienating a large part of their target audience. As there are just certain things that said audience & even just the general public at large expects from a zombie film. And, if they don't get them then it could definitely hurt the way the film is received both critically & at the box office.

I'm not saying that the film makers should have just stuck with the norm, but this could be a case of them going too far from the norm.

The running zombies we've seen before. And, as evidenced by Snyder's DAWN OF THE DEAD, they CAN work. Very well.

But, running at a human-like speed is one thing.

Sprinting, climbing & jumping in an over the top hyper manner is another...

Now, certainly there are no rules against it. But then again, there's nothing saying that the zombies can't dematerialize through walls or be invulnerable to the ubiquitous head shot or have the ability to fly in flocks of flesh starved fury.

But, do they really want to cross that line between where their zombie outbreak is something plausible enough for the audience to imagine it actually happening in real life ( thus making them able to relate to the protagonists & the situation on screen ) to a place of absolute fantasy where next to nothing translates to real life & our suspension of disbelief is just too far out there for us to reach?

If the main theme is gone, why call it WWZ at all???

Because paying for the rights just to use that name is awesome. I mean, World War Z? Serious props to the guy who came up with that and was smart enough to develop and trademark it.

Mel Brooks' and Ann Bancroft's son....Max

Max Brooks is a pretty funny guy, was able to get Zombie Survival Guide and WWZ signed at Wonder Con and seemed like a nice, chatty dude.

Have been waiting for the movie to come out but reading the book, never envisioned the fast "Dawn of the Dead" (remake) style zombies. Hope its suspenseful like the book and not too fast-action oriented.

I'm hoping this film doesn't turn out like the Resident Evil movies where based on the first couple games where it had scary-suspense, turned more into a run-and-gun action film with hardly any horror elements to it.

FAST ZOMBIES just killed it for me. I know some people like them and to each his own. But for me, aside from being a purist, having fast zombies in this movie completely contradicts the stories and mood of the book.

For those who have not read the book, get the audio book instead of the regular book. Very entertaining and a great cast.

Has anyone mentioned that they move like ants?

Yes I compared them to the stupid Ants in Indy 4 and the dumb Ghost Army in Return of the King (one of the most over rated films of all time.)

Whoa, whoa. Lets not be hasty and insult the king of the dead now. (tsk)

hm

Film has my hometown city of Philly in it and Damon Lindelof was hired to rewrite the third act, but did not have the time to finish the -script and Drew Goddard was hired to rewrite it.

:applause:

Awesome trailer... this is going to be grand zombie battle scenes on how they take over... maybe they move faster when first infected...

love this stuff ... wwz, walking dead, revolution, falling skies...

what a lucky time to be living with all this coming out! its like Marvel in 1962...not really but sort of

If the main theme is gone, why call it WWZ at all???

Because paying for the rights just to use that name is awesome. I mean, World War Z? Serious props to the guy who came up with that and was smart enough to develop and trademark it.

+1 The name is awesome.

Hopefully, they will connect it to the book by having some supporting characters that match the book. Easter egg type appearances for the people who read it. That would be cool. 2c