• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

World War Z Trailer

71 posts in this topic

Book was terrific - no idea how it was disjointed.

Not for everyone I guess.

Trailer looked incredible - this was the 3rd attempt at the last 40 mins (re-shoot x 3) and if that is the standard then my hopes are high.

I'll be queing on opening day.

Well of course it's disjointed. It's meant to be. It's written in interview format from several disconnected points of view. That's not a bad thing, it's intentional. The only place it falls short is in tying all those tangents together somehow.

I was a much bigger fan of the novel until I read "Robopocalypse" which is written in the same style but ties everything together and is much more satisfying in the aggregate.

I'll be there opening weekend too.

lol I know that - I read it enough times - I was just not getting how another poster gave up after only a few chapters.

It all came together incredibly well as it went along.

What did you think of the 'rolling wave effect' - it really worked for me,as we are talking about 4 million dead - they are going to pile up real quick at WWZ Zombie speed..

I can't look at Brad Pitt now without thinking of that commercial. I think I'll pass.

[font:Book Antiqua]For me...

Give me Zombies in any shape or form

I could even watch the George Romero modern Zombies movies...[/font]

:popcorn:

I take back that statement I will probably still see this. I'm so weak. :facepalm:

[font:Book Antiqua]By the way...

I was a zombie in a George Romero movie...

Want to know which one...?[/font]

:headbang:

might be okay, but cgc zombies is not a good look

Yeah...what do they need to be slabbed for anyway.??

While this may be the first zombie film that actually captures an truly apocalyptic atmosphere, I'm just not sold yet on the frenetic pace & all the outrageous, over the top action.

Now, in the novel was there a cause for the outbreak given?

Probably a moot point though because judging by everyone's comments the movie doesn't appear to have followed the book at all, so they may have come up with their own explanation. Which, makes me wonder if perhaps they're going with the live, "rage-zombies" approach rather than with the walking dead.

That would explain all the hyperactivity on display in the trailer anyhow.

Otherwise, I just don't know how easy it will be to buy the dead somehow becoming Olympic caliber athletes...

might be okay, but cgi zombies is not a good look. trailer looks horrible. definitely not interested as of now. future trailers better be much better to get me interested.

Yeah. That was borderline ridiculous.

I'm torn between my love of zombies and my hatred of stupid. :facepalm:

might be okay, but cgi zombies is not a good look. trailer looks horrible. definitely not interested as of now. future trailers better be much better to get me interested.

Not buying it. If you really hated stupid you would have left this place in the dust years ago.

While this may be the first zombie film that actually captures an truly apocalyptic atmosphere, I'm just not sold yet on the frenetic pace & all the outrageous, over the top action.

Probably a moot point though because judging by everyone's comments the movie doesn't appear to have followed the book at all, so they may have come up with their own explanation. Which, makes me wonder if perhaps they're going with the live, "rage-zombies" approach rather than with the walking dead.

Otherwise, I just don't know how easy it will be to buy the dead somehow becoming Olympic caliber athletes...

It's been a long time since I read the book but I remember something about Chinese military experiments and an outbreak they covered up until it was too late to prevent the spread.

As for the Dead becoming "Olympic Athletes", as I posted in another thread in reference to their ability to bite through flesh and seeming to be very strong, the thing that limits human endurance most is pain. The brain sends impulses to stop you from running or jumping or lifting something beyond your limits. Take away the pain impulses, stop the brain from stopping you and you will run until your legs break or until muscles pull away from bone.

Not buying it. If you really hated stupid you would have left this place in the dust years ago.

I also hate logic. :facepalm:

I also hate logic. :facepalm:

Well then, you've found your Nirvana.

It's been a long time since I read the book but I remember something about Chinese military experiments and an outbreak they covered up until it was too late to prevent the spread.

As for the Dead becoming "Olympic Athletes", as I posted in another thread in reference to their ability to bite through flesh and seeming to be very strong, the thing that limits human endurance most is pain. The brain sends impulses to stop you from running or jumping or lifting something beyond your limits. Take away the pain impulses, stop the brain from stopping you and you will run until your legs break or until muscles pull away from bone.

1. I saw the trailer tonight...it looked terrible. I didn't even see any Zombies because they moved so fast. They looked acted like a cross between the stupid killer ants from Indiana Jones 4 and the stupid ghost army from Return of the King.

2. If they don't feel pain and are moving that fast then would not be moving much after a short time as all their muscles would tear away and bones be broken. Zombies moving fast are no zombies and are less of a threat than deranged humans.

i'm not going to rush out to the cinema for it but i'll end up seeing it eventually, i literally :facepalm: when Pitt said something like "tell the kids i'm coming back", sounds like generic disaster film dialogue

To the people complaining about zombies "moving too fast", you know that zombies aren't real right? It's like saying vampires shouldn't eat garlic.

p.s. Vampires aren't real either :gossip:

Bet ya the Flash is faster than the Zombies! :sumo: