• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

World War Z Trailer

71 posts in this topic

Doesn't seem to faithful to the book, but I am completely in. I have a feeling I will complain about how the 'waves' of zombies looks. When they rolled the bus I thought it look not as good as I would have expected. Probably being a whiner though, since I think it might not be as good as it could be.

I read 50 pages of the book and gave up. It was incredibly boring and disconnected.

It wasn't the best book...but I can see where a great movie will come from it.

If you want a book, written in a similar style, but done right, check out Robopocalypse.

The trailer looks interesting, however I can't help but feel like George Lucas directed it.

He's been waiting until the CGI was up to his standards before making his monsterpiece of a zombie movie.

If 100 slow zombies are good, millions of fast zombies are better. lol

Book was terrific - no idea how it was disjointed.

Not for everyone I guess.

Trailer looked incredible - this was the 3rd attempt at the last 40 mins (re-shoot x 3) and if that is the standard then my hopes are high.

I'll be queing on opening day.

Book was terrific - no idea how it was disjointed.

Not for everyone I guess.

Trailer looked incredible - this was the 3rd attempt at the last 40 mins (re-shoot x 3) and if that is the standard then my hopes are high.

I'll be queing on opening day.

Well of course it's disjointed. It's meant to be. It's written in interview format from several disconnected points of view. That's not a bad thing, it's intentional. The only place it falls short is in tying all those tangents together somehow.

I was a much bigger fan of the novel until I read "Robopocalypse" which is written in the same style but ties everything together and is much more satisfying in the aggregate.

I'll be there opening weekend too.

Any Zombie movie is enough to make me get going to the movie theater (not that I need much for that lol ), but this looks good and it has brad in it which is always good.

I read the books (both wwz and zombie survival guide) and I quite liked it, being a long time horror fan (particularly with zombies) I can say it has to be one of the best I've read when it comes to the walking dead. Of course the movie won't have anything to do with the book, it would be really hard to make it that way, I always thought World War Z would be a much better TV series than a movie.

Either way I can't wait for this! :cloud9:

I can't look at Brad Pitt now without thinking of that commercial. I think I'll pass.

[font:Book Antiqua]For me...

Give me Zombies in any shape or form

I could even watch the George Romero modern Zombies movies...[/font]

:popcorn:

I read 50 pages of the book and gave up. It was incredibly boring and disconnected.

:gossip: Try the audio book. Very entertaining.

Best audiobook ever! I've listened to it 3 times now and I always catch new & cool stuff. Mark Hamill nails it but Alan Alda is awesome in his parts. It's nice being able to call in favors because of Dad!

I can't look at Brad Pitt now without thinking of that commercial. I think I'll pass.

[font:Book Antiqua]For me...

Give me Zombies in any shape or form

I could even watch the George Romero modern Zombies movies...[/font]

:popcorn:

I take back that statement I will probably still see this. I'm so weak. :facepalm:

Not running zombies...TSUNAMI ZOMBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am also a purist, I like my zombies to shamble, but this does look pretty cool. I really enjoyed the book but I'm not sure how faithful it will be to it - But I will be there opening weekend.

Definitely going to try out the audio book now though! Thanks guys!