• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

**Emerald City Comic Con --March 1-3**

287 posts in this topic

Boots on the ground in Seattle. :headbang: Hung out with the folks at BOOM!/KABOOM! for a bit and Shawn from Skybound. Walked around with Rey for a bit and had a sighting of those Hot Flips fellas. Ask Jeff if he knows what time it is :whistle:

This year's ECCC is massive! Tons of floor space added. Gearing to be a spectacular show. Boardie report with usual Toasty photo assault to follow. Gotta run and find a 10th Planet around here. Later.

I hate layovers...even in decent aiports like ATL. But I have my tablet loaded with comics and wifi for the boards so it isn't so bad. Worst part is going to be the flight to SEA since delta changed my seats from aisle to middle of the row....I am a wide dude who barely fits in the seats as is, not looking forward to spending the whole flight hunched over on myself to give the other people room. But all in all, a small price to pay to hit this con!

You on flight 1220? I am in row 18 Seat F.

Dude, you were right in front of me. Row 20 seat C. Loooong crowded flight huh?

Taking BoltBus down from Vancouver at 1130 Sat morning, probably be there around 3. Hope to see some of you there, or at the boardie dinner!

Nothing left to buy except sloppy seconds from greggy and joeypost :wishluck: who raided dealer set up. :frustrated:

Taking BoltBus down from Vancouver at 1130 Sat morning, probably be there around 3. Hope to see some of you there, or at the boardie dinner!

Nothing left to buy except sloppy seconds from greggy and joeypost :wishluck: who raided dealer set up. :frustrated:

Stan and Laurel Hardy strike again.

Laurel_Hardy.jpg

I just realized no one under 30 even knows who they are/were. :cry:

Laurel_Hardy.jpg

I do and I'm under thirty.

Laurel_Hardy.jpg

No, you aren't

Laurel_Hardy.jpg

Under thirty what?

Stupid jetlag turned an hour nap into a seven hour crash session and made me miss meeting up with Menace :censored:. Plus now I am awake so getting back to sleep so i can be rested for the con opening is gunna be iffy.. :censored: :censored:. Sigh, what a waste of an evening.

Laurel_Hardy.jpg

Under thirty what?

He's referring to his IQ.

Really Naeblis!?! You want to compare? lol. I'm peeing on your car when I get home. Here's my story....

About 10:30 last night I finish packing and lay down to get some sleep before my 6am flight. At 11:05 I get a call from Delta that my flight is cancelled and now I wouldn't land in Seattle until 10pm Friday night. I was slightly upset at the idea of missing the first day. So I call to see what I can do and about half an hour later they call me back. After going back and forth they secure me a 5am flight, arriving at 11am. Sounds great right? Here's the kicker. At 1am with no sleep I had to drive 230 miles to a new airport and they didn't want to switch my return flight without a fee so I could get my truck. After yelling SPOON more than the Tick they decided they could waive the fee. Its now 7:30am and I've yet to sleep. If anyone's taking flight 1453 out of Minneapolis this morning I'm the guy in the steelers hat with a trigun bag mumbling under his breath.

What to do while waiting for con to open? My friends place looks at the back of the convention center, which is a 3 minute walk. So a four hour walk around Seattle in the rain.

Walk down Pike to the Market and check out the shops and stuff - there's plenty to see and experience there. Friday's are historically easy in/out but who knows this year. So you may want to check out the lines before embarking on your trek.