• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Comics: The Untold Story

184 posts in this topic

I have not yet read it, but will. I'm just a bit worried that the contents of this book will now be considered as gospel truth. Many of thhe folks involved are dead so their voices are unheard.

That's unavoidable I'm afraid. We should feel lucky the author was able to interview as many people as he did. For that reason alone, it's probably closer to the gospel truth than we are likely to see (unless I ever finish my time machine...)

I'm in the middle of reading the book. Always thought the early creators were getting screwed out of royalty money, but wow! I'm glad Jack's not around to see how much money he's not getting from all the new movies, etc. I'm hoping Stan is somehow funneling some of his millions to these early creators or their families.

I'm in the middle of reading the book. Always thought the early creators were getting screwed out of royalty money, but wow! I'm glad Jack's not around to see how much money he's not getting from all the new movies, etc. I'm hoping Stan is somehow funneling some of his millions to these early creators or their families.

Yeah I wouldn't count on that, lol. Stan seems a little greedy to me.

Yeah I wouldn't count on that, lol. Stan seems a little greedy to me.

:facepalm:

Stan Lee was never anything but an employee of the Goodmans. He made more money than the atrists because he worked on more books than they did and he got a check as the writer and another as the editor. Does Stan own a piece of any of the work he created?

This is a weird critique, but it could use more chapters. I feel like there are transition points that are disjointed within a chapter. But 70 pages in, it's a good read.

This is a weird critique, but it could use more chapters. I feel like there are transition points that are disjointed within a chapter. But 70 pages in, it's a good read.

A more important question: will I enjoy it?

What I found interesting and frightening was so many heart attacks and early deaths many on the job. :sorry:

Over all I realy did not have a lot of knowledge past '70 so this is a great historical tale of heros and monsters. :banana: