• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

phampton1737 - strike

One week

Profanity masking and antagonistic posting.

LINK

(Whomever chose to push the “Censor”/Bleep button put me in that position. It might be best to advise that person, and/or his /her supervisors (in a spirit of full respect) that I am not the kind of person you necessarily want to see riled up. And leave it at that.)

lol

:facepalm:

I didn't see that. lol

"...in a spirit of full respect..." lol

I wonder if he's "riled up" about the strike? Could be a fun day when he returns.

I, for one, am looking forward to it.

+273

Amazing how people think that comments made on a privately owned message board are not subject to what they term as "censorship"

Edited by Jeffro

Amazing how people think that comments made on a privately owned message board think that their words are not subject to what they term as "censorship"

The funny thing is that he posted a spooned word that was masked. The mods have been pretty consistent with poofing that and handing out strikes. There was no censorship but I look forward to the potential "revolution".

I don't think I've ever seen any form of "censorship" of the type these guys complain about. There are tons of threads that describe problems and issues with CGC that have been allowed to stay on the first page of CG for months at a time, even with the participants doing little more than repeat themselves ad nauseum.

The deleted posts and locked threads are almost always related to rules being broken - common sense rules relating to threats, instigation, profanity, nudity, murder memes, hate speech, etc.

phampton1737 - strike

One week

LINK

(Whomever chose to push the “Censor”/Bleep button put me in that position. It might be best to advise that person, and/or his /her supervisors (in a spirit of full respect) that I am not the kind of person you necessarily want to see riled up. And leave it at that.)

lol

lol Now I want to see.

phampton1737 - strike

One week

LINK

lol

lol Now I want to see.

It's never boring around here. :)

I don't think I've ever seen any form of "censorship" of the type these guys complain about. There are tons of threads that describe problems and issues with CGC that have been allowed to stay on the first page of CG for months at a time, even with the participants doing little more than repeat themselves ad nauseum.

The deleted posts and locked threads are almost always related to rules being broken - common sense rules relating to threats, instigation, profanity, nudity, murder memes, hate speech, etc.

Spot on. Per the norm around here though, I am sure someone else is to blame. Not a lot of personal responsibility. They used to lock a lot of threads in the past that went on any CGC type bashing bent.

This month is going to be full of exciting new threads when people return.

Whenever a post gets pulled, the pullee plays the censorship card. It's whiny, butthurt idiocy is what it is.

Spot on. Per the norm around here though, I am sure someone else is to blame. Not a lot of personal responsibility. They used to lock a lot of threads in the past that went on any CGC type bashing bent.

"He" will return on "Good" Friday

"He" will return on "Good" Friday

Can't wait to see what type of memes he has in store for us.

Whenever a post gets pulled, the pullee plays the censorship card. It's whiny, butthurt idiocy is what it is.

The other thing is that when they pull a post,any post that replied to the offending post,quoted or not, gets pulled.

:acclaim: One sentence. Four Commas. Beat that, Ogami.

What song? I can't see it

It's the Midnight Special version....classic. :cloud9:

It is awesome.

Speaking of awesome...

Ritz-Bacon-Crackers_zpsf4c4a738.jpg