• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

Would anyone here be interested in a permanent off-site trading forum?

Details

There would be two trading forums:

1) Regular Trading Forum

A long-term trading area where each member has their own permanent store.

2) Trade-It-Forward (TIF) Forum

A rapid trading area with brokered trades similar to the PIF thread but with no allusions to community or altruism.

Other

Discussion areas and email system for trading negotiations.

Highly configurable email alert system.

Member feedback area not limited to positive comments.

Moderation to quickly eliminate shills/scammers/abusers/etc.

Participation is free, and all are welcome.

If there's enough interest, I can make this happen. And if this is successful, I'm thinking that maybe someday we could convince Arch to incorporate something similar into the new forum software. :)

PS - In case you're wondering, I would get nothing out of this except the ability to trade comics and related items with a larger audience than just my friends.

Please discuss.

:popcorn:

Well, there's definitely been enough interest. :)

So without further ado, I'm rolling out the new "COMIC BOOK TRADING AREA" which includes:

1) THE TRADING FORUM - A long term trading forum where each member has their own permanent store.

- This trading forum is fully functional and is up and running. Go grab a store today and start trading!

2) TRADE IT FORWARD (TIF) FORUM - A brokered trading forum for rapid trades.

- This forum has been created, but will be on hold until we hammer out the new rules.

These forums are also supported by:

an EMAIL ALERT SYSTEM

a "HOW TO" SECTION

a MEMBER FEEDBACK FORUM

a PROBATION AREA

a MODERATION AREA

as well as trading area-specific DISCUSSION AREAS

:whee:

So now you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel like trading comic books?" Well, do ya, punk?

If so, then go to:

http://the-comic-book-forum.boards.net/

and get yourself signed up.

:grin:

Please note: All CGC members are welcome. But in order to avoid confusion and maintain some degree of transaction security, I'm requiring all TRADING AREA participants to sign up with the exact same forum name as the one they use on the CGC forum. I'm also requiring any old or new TCBF members who found the website through other venues to sign up with the CGC forum before they will be allowed to participate.

Have fun, and good luck with your trades!

So I can't be "DitchFahrenheitLovesChachi"?

:(

Would anyone here be interested in a permanent off-site trading forum?

Details

There would be two trading forums:

1) Regular Trading Forum

A long-term trading area where each member has their own permanent store.

2) Trade-It-Forward (TIF) Forum

A rapid trading area with brokered trades similar to the PIF thread but with no allusions to community or altruism.

Other

Discussion areas and email system for trading negotiations.

Highly configurable email alert system.

Member feedback area not limited to positive comments.

Moderation to quickly eliminate shills/scammers/abusers/etc.

Participation is free, and all are welcome.

If there's enough interest, I can make this happen. And if this is successful, I'm thinking that maybe someday we could convince Arch to incorporate something similar into the new forum software. :)

PS - In case you're wondering, I would get nothing out of this except the ability to trade comics and related items with a larger audience than just my friends.

Please discuss.

:popcorn:

Well, there's definitely been enough interest. :)

So without further ado, I'm rolling out the new "COMIC BOOK TRADING AREA" which includes:

1) THE TRADING FORUM - A long term trading forum where each member has their own permanent store.

- This trading forum is fully functional and is up and running. Go grab a store today and start trading!

2) TRADE IT FORWARD (TIF) FORUM - A brokered trading forum for rapid trades.

- This forum has been created, but will be on hold until we hammer out the new rules.

These forums are also supported by:

an EMAIL ALERT SYSTEM

a "HOW TO" SECTION

a MEMBER FEEDBACK FORUM

a PROBATION AREA

a MODERATION AREA

as well as trading area-specific DISCUSSION AREAS

:whee:

So now you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel like trading comic books?" Well, do ya, punk?

If so, then go to:

and get yourself signed up.

:grin:

Please note: All CGC members are welcome. But in order to avoid confusion and maintain some degree of transaction security, I'm requiring all TRADING AREA participants to sign up with the exact same forum name as the one they use on the CGC forum. I'm also requiring any old or new TCBF members who found the website through other venues to sign up with the CGC forum before they will be allowed to participate.

Have fun, and good luck with your trades!

Here's an update on the new "COMIC BOOK TRADING AREA."

vVoGjPD.png

1) The Trading Forum

- This forum is up and running.

- I've added/updated the "Rules & How It Works" and "Trading Forum Discussion" sections as well as updated the "How-To" board to support it.

- There are currently 7 member stores, and trading inventory is being added as we speak. Go grab a store today and start trading! And heck, if you got a PM from someone with a cash offer, it wouldn't be a bad thing either. :)

2) Brokered Trading Auction (BTA)™ Forum

- This forum has been renamed from the prior "Trade It Forward (TIF) Forum."

- With the possible demise of the PIF, I've accelerated the roll-out schedule.

- The rules have now been finalized, and I think you'll like them.

- I've added the following sections:

a) Rules & How It Works

b) Eligibility Roster and Requirements

c) Brokered Trading Auction (BTA)™

d) Discussion Thread

- I've also added a Brokered Trading Auction (BTA)™ Examples sub-forum which visually explains and illustrates how everything works using hypothetical trading.

Note 1: As with any auction, the Brokered Trading Auction (BTA)™ Forum above requires critical mass before it can function properly. As such, I will not consider rolling this forum out until we have at least 20 eligible participants on the roster. But the roster is now open for enrollment to everyone.

STEP 1 - Make sure your CGC and TCBF profile names are identical.

STEP 2 - Post "Sign Me Up" in the "Eligibility Roster and Requirements" thread.

STEP 3 - Send a PM to Ditch Fahrenheit @ CGC (Here) to verify your identity.

STEP 4 - Wait for the roster to reach critical mass (20 people).

STEP 5 - Keep calm, relax, and get your offers put together. :)

Note 2: I've tried to take all the best parts of the PIF and eliminate all the bad ones. If you like the rapid trading part of the PIF, you'll absolutely love the BTA. If you're a junk donkey, you'll freakin' hate it. And if you're a scammer...Dude, you don't know who you're dealing with. :devil:

Note 3: The operation of the BTA is actually very simple, but describing something you've never seen before can make it look complicated. There are new terms, concepts, etc. Remember the first time you read the rules for Monopoly after you'd probably already been playing it for years? It's kinda like that.

Note 4: I'll have a short video coming out later today highlighting the differences between the BTA and the PIF. :)

3) Symbiosis - The cool thing about the two forums is that they complement one another nicely. The more participants and eyeballs one gets, the better for the other. The ultimate goal here is to better facilitate comic book trades.

Here's the link again:

Would anyone here be interested in a permanent off-site trading forum?DetailsThere would be two trading forums:1) Regular Trading ForumA long-term trading area where each member has their own permanent store.2) Trade-It-Forward (TIF) ForumA rapid trading area with brokered trades similar to the PIF thread but with no allusions to community or altruism.OtherDiscussion areas and email system for trading negotiations.Highly configurable email alert system.Member feedback area not limited to positive comments.Moderation to quickly eliminate shills/scammers/abusers/etc.Participation is free, and all are welcome.If there's enough interest, I can make this happen. And if this is successful, I'm thinking that maybe someday we could convince Arch to incorporate something similar into the new forum software. :)PS - In case you're wondering, I would get nothing out of this except the ability to trade comics and related items with a larger audience than just my friends.Please discuss. :popcorn:

Well, there's definitely been enough interest. :)So without further ado, I'm rolling out the new "COMIC BOOK TRADING AREA" which includes:1) THE TRADING FORUM - A long term trading forum where each member has their own permanent store.- This trading forum is fully functional and is up and running. Go grab a store today and start trading! 2) TRADE IT FORWARD (TIF) FORUM - A brokered trading forum for rapid trades.- This forum has been created, but will be on hold until we hammer out the new rules.These forums are also supported by:an EMAIL ALERT SYSTEMa "HOW TO" SECTIONa MEMBER FEEDBACK FORUMa PROBATION AREAa MODERATION AREAas well as trading area-specific DISCUSSION AREAS :whee: So now you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel like trading comic books?" Well, do ya, punk?If so, then go to:http://the-comic-book-forum.boards.net/and get yourself signed up. :grin: Please note: All CGC members are welcome. But in order to avoid confusion and maintain some degree of transaction security, I'm requiring all TRADING AREA participants to sign up with the exact same forum name as the one they use on the CGC forum. I'm also requiring any old or new TCBF members who found the website through other venues to sign up with the CGC forum before they will be allowed to participate.Have fun, and good luck with your trades!

Here's an update on the new "COMIC BOOK TRADING AREA."vVoGjPD.png1) The Trading Forum- This forum is up and running. - I've added/updated the "Rules & How It Works" and "Trading Forum Discussion" sections as well as updated the "How-To" board to support it. - There are currently 7 member stores, and trading inventory is being added as we speak. Go grab a store today and start trading! And heck, if you got a PM from someone with a cash offer, it wouldn't be a bad thing either. :)2) Brokered Trading Auction (BTA)™ Forum- This forum has been renamed from the prior "Trade It Forward (TIF) Forum."- With the possible demise of the PIF, I've accelerated the roll-out schedule.- The rules have now been finalized, and I think you'll like them.- I've added the following sections:a) Rules & How It Worksb) Eligibility Roster and Requirementsc) Brokered Trading Auction (BTA)™d) Discussion Thread- I've also added a Brokered Trading Auction (BTA)™ Examples sub-forum which visually explains and illustrates how everything works using hypothetical trading.Note 1: As with any auction, the Brokered Trading Auction (BTA)™ Forum above requires critical mass before it can function properly. As such, I will not consider rolling this forum out until we have at least 20 eligible participants on the roster. But the roster is now open for enrollment to everyone.Sign up now to participate!STEP 1 - Make sure your CGC and TCBF profile names are identical.STEP 2 - Post "Sign Me Up" in the "Eligibility Roster and Requirements" thread.STEP 3 - Send a PM to Ditch Fahrenheit @ CGC (Here) to verify your identity.STEP 4 - Wait for the roster to reach critical mass (20 people).STEP 5 - Keep calm, relax, and get your offers put together. :)Note 2: I've tried to take all the best parts of the PIF and eliminate all the bad ones. If you like the rapid trading part of the PIF, you'll absolutely love the BTA. If you're a junk donkey, you'll freakin' hate it. And if you're a scammer...Dude, you don't know who you're dealing with. :devil:Note 3: The operation of the BTA is actually very simple, but describing something you've never seen before can make it look complicated. There are new terms, concepts, etc. Remember the first time you read the rules for Monopoly after you'd probably already been playing it for years? It's kinda like that.Note 4: I'll have a short video coming out later today highlighting the differences between the BTA and the PIF. :)3) Symbiosis - The cool thing about the two forums is that they complement one another nicely. The more participants and eyeballs one gets, the better for the other. The ultimate goal here is to better facilitate comic book trades.Here's the link again:http://the-comic-book-forum.boards.net/
Here's the video per Note 4 above.

The BROKERED TRADING AUCTION™ (BTA) from Ditch Fahrenheit on Vimeo.

tXLd7EI.gif

hm Cat bowling

Think of the variables involved.

This could be Mankind's greatest achievement in gaming.

Intriguing but the pace would be too slow. You have to set the cups up again after every try and you have the unpredictability of the cat to consider

How many times in a row will the cat fall for that?

I think the cat's in on it. He stops right on the mat and hunkers down.

It's tough to find an uncorruptable cat.

tXLd7EI.gif

hm Cat bowling

Intriguing but the pace would be too slow. You have to set the cups up again after every try and you have the unpredictability of the cat to consider

w5MlmDE.gif

tXLd7EI.gif

hm Cat bowling

w5MlmDE.gif

What was that cat made of, nitro glycerin?

tXLd7EI.gif

hm Cat bowling

w5MlmDE.gif

What was that cat made of, nitro glycerin?

It's a rarely filmed cat defense mechanism, much like ink in cephalopods. Many known cases of human spontaneous combustion have later been attributed to a startled kitty.