• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

score it however you want - I was just proposing something that involved a tiny bit of logic. Rewarding someone MORE for needing more exposed squares seems like it fails to reward comic knowledge. Not that it matters-- I will never score a point on this thread-- and I have tried quite a bit.

Just now, 01TheDude said:

score it however you want - I was just proposing something that involved a tiny bit of logic. Rewarding someone MORE for needing more exposed squares seems like it fails to reward comic knowledge. Not that it matters-- I will never score a point on this thread-- and I have tried quite a bit.

I bet you do. You just need the right comic to pop up. Keep going Dude

Just now, jaeldubyoo said:

It's a death issue. I'll let somebody else answer that. I need to go walk the dog. 

Cheers Barry :)

2 hours ago, jaeldubyoo said:

We all can't be here every time a round comes up. I know we can get very competitive, but would no points at all be such a terrible thing? I'd still participate just for the fun of it. Let's just enjoy the game.

:applause:

2 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

OK, this is from an Amazing Spidey cover. Good luck

ccc.PNG.afd74e0660553c7de8c6431649ed0b2a.PNG

:)

I'm off now. I'll have to find out tomorrow if anyone got it. See ya 

2 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

I was just proposing something that involved a tiny bit of logic

We all see that logic.  But there's also logic in increasing rewards too.  My focus was on the group, not the individual.  My goal was to maximize the fun, and get as many people involved and make it as inclusive a game as possible.

I've been doing these types of games for about a decade now, so I might have learned a few things.  :)  For example, if I wanted to structure this as an ultra-competitive game that showcased the raw skill of those involved, I would set it up similar to how you have suggested.  And in very short order, Jaeldubyoo (if he really felt like competing) would have a 10X lead over his nearest competitor, and everyone would stop playing.  Yes...he's that good.  He's been playing in my games both here and in my own forum for years now, and I'm quite familiar with his skill level.  He usually doesn't take it out of second gear because he's a nice guy.  :)

Adding a greater element of chance tends to make it more fun for the group.  Increasing rewards attracts more people to the game, just like a lottery does when it hits big numbers.  More eyeballs mean a greater chance that someone out there who hasn't played before will be able to solve it.  This game is just for fun, and a way to pass the time while sheltering in place.  I don't think it's important to get the International Olympic Committee involved.

But like I said before, I really don't care.  lol  I'm transferring scoring control to you guys.   I'll provide the clues, you guys do the rest.

The Grid Game

Rules
1) Any CGC boardie can play.
2) When you see the grid, post a location number to be revealed.  The first post will be chosen, and the others will be ignored.
3) The first player to correctly guess the identification of the comic book (Series/Book#) wins the round.
4) If I'm here and no location has been requested for over 30 minutes, I may reveal one to keep the game going.
5) Point scoring and recording are the responsibility of the group, not me. :)

eNuqUjx.jpg