• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

Ditch Points

ADAMANTIUM +2

Dr Zen +2

Get Marwood & I +9

greggy +11

jaeldubyoo +13

JollyComics +33

Kav +2

Ken Aldred +25

Kramerica +1

steveinthecity +2

Ditch Points

ADAMANTIUM +2

Dr Zen +2

Get Marwood & I +9

greggy +16

jaeldubyoo +13

JollyComics +33

Kav +2

Ken Aldred +25

Kramerica +1

steveinthecity +2

6 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

Just a thought----

something seems odd about giving more points for more revealing spots. Some people can guess on one or two squares - which is impressive to me.

Yup.  The harder it is, the higher value.  3 for 1 square, 2 for 2 squares, 1 from then onward.

Otherwise, you might end up with players waiting for more squares and sniping tactics rather than intelligent guesswork done from the start.

To me, it was a waste of effort participating in the earlier round.

Ridiculous, inconsistent scoring systems.

I’m out.

Edited by Ken Aldred

2 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Yup.  The harder it is, the higher value.  3 for 1 square, 2 for 2 squares, 1 from then onward.

Otherwise, you might end up with players waiting for more squares and sniping tactics rather than intelligent guesswork done from the start.

I’m out.

that is what I was suggesting--- give anyone who guesses the cover within

1 or 2 squares = 5 pts

3 - 4 squares = 3 pts

5-6 = 2 pts

7 or more = 1 pt

That to me seems more equitable given the difficulty at those levels (or maybe not quite so small as these squares are tiny - but some sort of graduated similar level like 1-3, 4-6 etc)

11 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

That sounds doable, I'm fine with carrying over the score, hopefully we get more players this go round... @JollyComics and any others, I think @Ken Aldred and @Get Marwood & I are across the pond and on different time schedules. 

Yes, I miss most of the fun for that reason alas. I knew ASM 138 from the first picture! I'll join in when I can - had a busy day yesterday with one thing and another. 

3 hours ago, 01TheDude said:
6 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

I’m out.

that is what I was suggesting--- give anyone who guesses the cover within

1 or 2 squares = 5 pts

3 - 4 squares = 3 pts

5-6 = 2 pts

7 or more = 1 pt

That to me seems more equitable given the difficulty at those levels (or maybe not quite so small as these squares are tiny - but some sort of graduated similar level like 1-3, 4-6 etc)

lollol lol

It doesn't matter to me.  I'll support whatever scoring system you guys want.  You guys figure it out and we'll do it.  :)

How about a competition where we argue over how a competition is scored? Most ridiculous scoring system wins a goat. Here's mine:

• One point if you guess correctly whilst only in your underwear but without a bag
  • Two points for a correct guess on a Wednesday
  • Three points if you guess wrong and you're name is Barry
  • Free dogs every time someone farts in Russia

Do I get a prize?

41 minutes ago, Wrenched said:

Wahhhhh :tonofbricks:

Why don't you score it like golf? You get it in one grid, you get a 1. You get the next one in 7 grids you get a 7. Your total is now 8, lowest score wins (shrug) Would this deter people from guessing the tougher covers? Would people just "snipe" and only answer ones they know in a couple guesses?

If I score once and sit out the rest of the rounds, I could win with low score. Unlike golf where strokes count, there's no way to record points for not getting the answer.

We all can't be here every time a round comes up. I know we can get very competitive, but would no points at all be such a terrible thing? I'd still participate just for the fun of it. Let's just enjoy the game.

30 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

How about a competition where we argue over how a competition is scored? Most ridiculous scoring system wins a goat. Here's mine:

• One point if you guess correctly whilst only in your underwear but without a bag
  • Two points for a correct guess on a Wednesday
  • Three points if you guess wrong and you're name is Barry
  • Free dogs every time someone farts in Russia

Do I get a prize?

Where can I get a free dog? My dog is getting old. And you can call me Barry.