• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cgc old label resubmission

16 posts in this topic

Been monitoring Fantastic Four 52 sales on eBay and noticed a 7.5 copy go for $247.50 last week (was graded in October 2012) and another 7.5 copy graded under the old label (might've been graded in 2001) go for $313 including shipping tonight.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fantastic-Four-52-CGC-7-5-1st-Black-Panther-App-Kirby-Marvel-Silver-Age-Comic-/130793019392?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1e73df1800

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fantastic-Four-52-CGC-7-5-vf-1st-Black-Panther-Jack-Kirby-art-Silver-Age-/230875390529?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&nma=true&si=sfZjwbyFR%2FNw2tXRyHbEfFYTfhw%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

So my question is: were bidders willing to pay more thinking they could resubmit the book and possibly squeeze out an 8.0? IMO, if you're going to pay 8.0 price, you better be sure you're going to get an 8.0.

any truth to resubmitting an older graded book in order to get a higher grade? Anyone have experience with this?

The scan is a little blurry but my first guess is yes, the old label 7.5 looks like a good candidate for a resub.

I've had two experiences with straight resubbing from an old label.

Old label 9.4- straight resub (no pressing) came back a 9.6.

Old label 5.5- straight resub (no pressing) came back a 6.0.

I've seen cases where pressing can produce a bigger jump in grade upon resubbing but that's another discussion...

The problem is cracking a book out of a slab without turning a 6.5 into an immediate 2.5.

What, is your little sister cracking your slabs for you? lol

The problem is cracking a book out of a slab without turning a 6.5 into an immediate 2.5.

Good question, I've only cracked one and it took about three minutes hm

I am not the most careful when it comes to things like that.

I think my ASM #2 3.0 old label would come back a 5.0 or higher if cracked and pressed.

I don't know what I am doing though even with the online how to guides.

I think my ASM #2 3.0 old label would come back a 5.0 or higher if cracked and pressed.

Cracking the slab was the easy part, for me. Getting it out of that inner well, now that takes a little finesse... don't use scissors!

Cracking the slab was the easy part, for me. Getting it out of that inner well, now that takes a little finesse... don't use scissors!

Next time use an Exacto blade. . . . in the Exacto, holder ( you wouldn't want Hemoglobin on the comic ). :P

Next time use an Exacto blade. . . . in the Exacto, holder ( you wouldn't want Hemoglobin on the comic ). :P

This is 100% correct.

Yeah... not my area of expertise.