• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about a Green River Thor 140

18 posts in this topic

I bought a couple of what I thought were Green River Thors a couple of weeks ago. I just found the Green River master list on the net today and all the Thors listed are mid grade. The book I bought is definitely not mid grade. Does anyone know if the list could be inaccurate? Redhook, you being the local G.R. expert, does this look like a G.R. copy to you?

thor140.jpg

The stamp looks different that the typical GR stamp.

Here's a copy of the Brave and the Bold 62 that is definitely a GR copy, as I bought it directly from John Hauser back in the day. All the stamps that I've seen on authentic GR copies have this style of stamp.

bravebold62lorez.jpg

It's forum member sckao's site.

BTW....even if it is the same stamp, it may not be from the collection, as the owner's dad apparently had a drug store where they had comics for sale. I would imagine that they stamped the majority of the comics coming in!

Maybe sckao can weigh in on this. How accurate is that site?

It's very accurate. grin.gif

Which dealer did you buy that Thor #140 from? I sold some Thors from my Green River collection about a month ago. I have (had) #126-149.

Is there any notes along with the Master list of GR , or info elsewhere that describes certain characteristics of the GR Collection...

i.e. types, or (color) of Date stamps used etc...or are there 12 different types of date stamps that were used during different time periods of the GR collecting time frame?

Z

Is there any notes along with the Master list of GR , or info elsewhere that describes certain characteristics of the GR Collection...

i.e. types, or (color) of Date stamps used etc...or are there 12 different types of date stamps that were used during different time periods of the GR collecting time frame?

Z

There's going to be a new comprehensive Website dedicated to that pedigree (and hopefully other pedigrees) as well. (Redhook may be involved in that.)

The certificates I do for some of the Green River books sold show the date stamp in detail.

(There will be a database of the various Green River date stamps, page quality, etc. These books are actually pretty easy to tell apart from other books if you've held a bunch of them.)

There's going to be a new comprehensive Website dedicated to that pedigree (and hopefully other pedigrees) as well. (Redhook may be involved in that.)

Excellent. Keep us posted on developments. thumbsup2.gif