• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

American Pickers - AF 15 - tonight

43 posts in this topic

I'm thinking that they break even or up 500 on the assessment. That book has serious Marvel chipping, although the rest of it displayed pretty nicely

They said the AF 15 was a 2.0,but it looked like at least a 3.0/3.5 to me.

I agree, I thought 3.0.

The appraiser is from The Great Escape here in Nashville. I have talked to him a few times at their Charlotte Ave. store.

Totally ungraded.

The book looked to be at least a 3.0. Marvel chipping and spine stress can get up to 4.5.

I still liked the way they approached comics on this show compared to Pawn Stars. I like this show because they're always realistic about what they get can for their items.

That was some severe chipping...and on the close up shot you could see several color breaking creases on the edge near the chipping.

Add in the top, bottom and spine wear and you're looking at a 3.0, maybe a touch higher, but not a VG. No way. Without the CB creases maybe, but they are way too noticeable.

That was some severe chipping...and on the close up shot you could see several color breaking creases on the edge near the chipping.

Add in the top, bottom and spine wear and you're looking at a 3.0, maybe a touch higher, but not a VG. No way. Without the CB creases maybe, but they are way too noticeable.

When I initially saw it automatically I thought 3.0,certainly not higher than 3.5

Great find,would rather of liked to see that Hulk #1 in the case.

Totally ungraded.

The book looked to be at least a 3.0. Marvel chipping and spine stress can get up to 4.5.

I still liked the way they approached comics on this show compared to Pawn Stars. I like this show because they're always realistic about what they get can for their items.

The grade was a tight, but the value was high for a 2.0/2.5.

In the end, I think $5500 was a pretty good number.

i'm bout 10 minutes from where this happened, Boyertown's main attraction is a redneck flea market they have every weekend. disappointing i never seen the book- not sure if the owner has a public store other than his pet store, but typically don't think to ask a pet store owner if they got comics.