• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

November c-link

137 posts in this topic

Has anyone seen a Cardy Titans cover for sale before?

Hey Glen. :hi:

Heritage had the Cardy TT #28 cover for sale a year ago...it was gorgeous and sold for $21,510.

Well the #27 just went for waaaay less than that.

Costumes are King.

It jumped up to $76K from $55K with ten minutes to go. I thought it was going to romp home but it turns out that was it. Still, healthy price for Bell inks, no?

If you want a Ditko Dr. Strange splash you don't have a lot of options and the price reflected that regardless of the Bell inks. Obviously if Ditko had inked it it would have sold for more (and probably looked quite different).

Congrats! Sorry about the Cho and the Ross.

The SWAMP THING DPS was a nice buy for someone. Congrats to them, too!

Ross hasn't ended yet. But I dont expect it will sell based on the bidding before the reserve was announced. Its cool. I have no problem hanging it back up on my wall.

The SWAMP THING DPS was a nice buy for someone. Congrats to them, too!

That's what I thought as well. I felt the Dringenberg wasn't a bad buy either. It didn't tick all my boxes, but I expected it to go a little higher.

Yes, that one, too. But the SWAMP THING especially. DPSs have been selling for 2-3X that publicly and privately. A single panel page went for $7K+ on eBay earlier this year. I'd rather have the DPS!

It jumped up to $76K from $55K with ten minutes to go. I thought it was going to romp home but it turns out that was it. Still, healthy price for Bell inks, no?

If you want a Ditko Dr. Strange splash you don't have a lot of options and the price reflected that regardless of the Bell inks. Obviously if Ditko had inked it it would have sold for more (and probably looked quite different).

Very healthy price for Bell inks.

I agree that Ditko Dr. Strange is rare as hen's teeth, given the short page count of the stories and the fact that they just don't appear as often on the market as often as the Spidey pages, but $76k for a Bell inked splash is very robust.

Very healthy price for Bell inks.

I agree that Ditko Dr. Strange is rare as hen's teeth, given the short page count of the stories and the fact that they just don't appear as often on the market as often as the Spidey pages, but $76k for a Bell inked splash is very robust.

The price on Ditko Dr. Strange pages inked by Bell (Roussos) can be a little difficult to predict. Back in 2010 page 4 from this same book hammered on ComicLink for just a bit over 35K. Recently another page from this book was auctioned off (also ComicLink?), and I don't have a record for it, but it went for decidedly less. Like most auctions, it may depend on who is in the mix. But any Ditko Dr. Strange pages are rare, especially as compared to Spider-Man pages. One reason is the page count, but another is much more Ditko Spider-Man art was stolen from Marvel than Dr. Strange art...Mike