• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

November c-link

137 posts in this topic

I'm curious how the new c-link auction will do, what with the more than 37 auction houses running auctions before the end of the year. (Okay, maybe it's 5.) Beyond the kinds of stuff I've seen them have before, they seem to have managed to get a few unusual pieces, like this:

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2Fauctions%2Fpreview.asp%3Fcode%3D2012nov%26itemtype%3D1%26Artist%3DNICK%2520CARDY%23Item_951467&id=951467

Has anyone seen a Cardy Titans cover for sale before?

Fixed link, mebbe. This whole "internet" thing is just a fad I have no plans to understand, anyhow.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2Fauctions%2Fpreview.asp%3Fcode%3D2012nov%26itemtype%3D1%26Artist%3DNICK%2520CARDY%23Item_951467&id=951467

So the 28 is out there. That's 2 of 'em.

Out of curiosity, I looked around for Cardy Teen Titan covers and found:

• CAF: 11, 19, 37, 42, ,
  • On CLink, we have 27.
  • From Heritage Archives, we have: 28 for $21K+ in an auction ending 16 Nov 2011.

That's all that I can find easily.

Thanks to LBJeffries for the link to 13.

I fixed my list to use the link to #13. I knew it was on the CAF, but didn't do the obvious search.

#13 is a terrific cover. The coloring obscured how good it was. There's an interesting story that goes with it. IIRC, Nick wanted a raise in rate, but couldn't get it. So, he drew this as his "last" cover and really knocked himself out on it. It got him his raise and a really bad coloring job.

Hi. Glen mentioned 5 auctions running before the end of this year. I am aware of heritage, comic link and comic connect. Are there any others? Thanks.

I don't know the answer, but I did contribute a list of auction houses that handle comic art and related items here.

You could check each of them (links provided) and see what is up. If you know of others, add to the thread and I'll update the post.

The November ComicLink auction is the first one in which I'm closely following some OA, and I note that in the last 24 hours some relative big boys showed up to play on two pieces that I was watching:

This Frazetta portrait of Dracula jumped to $14,250, and is about to hit its reserve price, and this Wrightson painting is also about to shoot past its reserve with a current bid of $21,750.

Any speculation on what the winning bids for these items will be? Good luck to you if you're still in the mix.

What's with the horrbile Frazetta signature on that Dracula? I thought it may indicate a left handed piece (although the art is very smooth not likely) but the date negates that. is it the medium that caused the shaky sig? Just asking.