• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A magazine selling forum on the boards?

29 posts in this topic

I'm on the fence. I am a huge magazine fan but I have considered advocating for the abolishment of the magazine forum. My thinking is that magazines are already stigmatized and viewed as outside the comic world or at least separate from the comics. By creating a separate forum, great discussions occur where few will see them. I think if magazine discussion occurred in the bronze thread, there would be more exposure and it may help their image.

However, it would be nice to have a separate sales thread all to ourselves so magazines don't get lost in the pile. I know I would be more inclined to post mags for sale.

Well the reason I think it would be useful is because the GA/SA/BA sales forum already spans too much for my taste. That's a long time, and a lot of different genres of collecting. I personally don't collect GA or SA and the only Bronze I'm interested in right now is mags. Searching through all those sales threads hoping a mag pops up for sale isn't all that productive. I think a mags only sale section could generate a lot of action, even if it was just a sub forum in here like the original art sales area is. And yeah, I think people who normally don't post mags for sale would post them, and I think people who normally don't buy mags would buy them too.

I agree--a lot of times mags get buried in a mixed sales thread or a silver/bronze for sales thread. The only problem with a seperate mag sales thread section is that I don't think many people would frequent it. I love this forum--mainly the mag section--but most people don't bother to come in and post. Sadly, it gets very little action.

As someone who occasionally comes in here but owns a grand total of 0 magazines, I think it would be a good idea. You just never see them for sale in the other threads. I'd love to pick up some Savage swords of conan readers, but I don't think I've ever even seen a single mag for sale in the marketplace.

The thing you have to worry about is making it so specialized that you never get any traffic.

In that case, why not have a Doctor Strange only sales forum, or an Invaders sales forum?

The thing you have to worry about is making it so specialized that you never get any traffic.

In that case, why not have a Doctor Strange only sales forum, or an Invaders sales forum?

I don't think it's all that specialized. Mags range several decades and several publishers. Everything from mainstream superhero to humor to fantasy to horror to alternatives and undergrounds. Kid friendly stuff, adult only stuff. We could include treasuries, fanzines and other collectible non-comic magazines too if that would be okay with the admins. Mens magazines, sports magazines, and horror magazines and stuff get sold on here already.