• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Arizona Comic Con - Jan 25, 26, 27

81 posts in this topic

The MightyJohn-

this has been posted on the website-

Sunday January 27

10:00 AM-11:30AM Jim Lee Signing- VIP EXCLUSIVE EVENT

Open to VIP Badge Holders Only. Depending on time and crowds, there will be a limit of 8-10 items per person in this line. This number may be adjusted.

Also Jim Lee will have TWO General Admission signings scheduled on Saturday, and one more on Sunday Afternoon. He will have a panel each day as well.

To check out more information-

check out the official site at http://www.AmazingArizonaComicCon.com

Looks like I will be in booths 303/305 and 402/404.

Besides 50 long boxes of dollar books and a load of sets/runs, I will have a nice selection of CGC books including:

Hulk #1-5.0, 102-9.0;

ASM #1-5.0, 1 R-8.5, 10-50- many of these at 6.5-8.5, #300-9.8,

TNMT #1 and 3- both 9.2 W;

DD #1-7.5;

GSX1- 7.5, 8.5, 9.6;

Iron Man #1- two 9.6s (W and ow/w), 55-9.2;

Avengers #4-3.5, 14-9.2;

FF #9-7.0, 50-8.5 and quite a few others;

HOS #92-8.5;

NM #98-9.8

Also have lots of nice ungraded issues. Hope to see at least a few of you and please introduce yourselves.

Ed Robertson

My one and a half year old son loves Batman (go figure), and I think he'd have a ball at the con, seeing all the superhero stuff and people dressed up. Do you know if kids under 2 get in free? Because I won't bring him otherwise.

My one and a half year old son loves Batman (go figure), and I think he'd have a ball at the con, seeing all the superhero stuff and people dressed up. Do you know if kids under 2 get in free? Because I won't bring him otherwise.

Umm check the previous page (thumbs u

I got my booth set up yesterday and walked the grounds. I met tons of great folks including Jimmy Jay, Roy from Vintage comics and the guys from Torpedo comics. I saw a buyer drop 5k on a few really nice books, he made out like a bandit. This show has more great books than I have ever seen in the Phoenix area, (way more than Phoenix Con in May and i was set up there) some great Timley Captain Americas (at least one of which, I am going to try and snag today before the show opens), a Catman #1, Crime suspenstories #22, Mister Mystery #12, several nice silver keys including Hulk 1 and at least one dealer brought some high grade Skywald magazines :cloud9: so I am in hog heaven. The whole place was only about 20% set up when I left yesterday so I can't wait to see what is put out today.

It's a bummer about Stan because I know I will sell fewer books, but hopefully I can pick up some deals as well.

If you head down, swing by Mike's Rack, I give at least 10% off to boardies.

Roy was set up at this con as well? Sounds like a lot of new to the area dealers came in for the con. Wish I could have gone.

Roy was there to buy and then was headed to Yorba Linda. He did buy some nice books from what I hear. :whistle:

Crowd was large today and very active. Dollar books and big books; seemed like there was a buyer for everything. Hard to tell what Saturday will be like given no Stan Lee but I am hoping for another strong sales day.

Ed

Ed- glad sales were big for you. We were pleased with Day1.

Don't discount the draw of JIM LEE to the convention though. He has never been to a convention in Arizona, and we've been running promos specifically on him all over the Local News Channels. and more. there might be some newboies looking for those classic X-Men run, Batman Hush, and others. While these are not Avengers #4 or a Hulk #1, or a FF #48, you might be surprised. We'll wait and see though. Oddly enough, or Sunday single day tickets are the highest SINGLE day pre-sales of the entire AACC.

Mike are you having a good show so far?

Hey Brian, not bad for preview day, no big books but a lot of lower priced stuff. A kid that looked 13 came over and I remembered he bought AMS 121 at Phoenix Con in May. He said it was his first comic and since then he has amassed a nice little collection of low grade keys. He ended up buying a low grade AMS 13. I sold it to him for $15 which is less than I paid for it but it's good to see a book like that with someone that will appreciate it. I've take the approach with kids that they are the future collectors so I try to half off for all of them. Overall, I'm having a blast. There was one old codger that was crowing about high prices on my Crime Suspenstories 22 and Ghostly Weird 122 (both classic covers and the only copies at the show). Then he started blasting CGC and how they destroyed the hobby. We talked for a bit but it was less of a discussion and more of a monolog. I did appreciate hearing his perspective. Oh and Harley Yee came by and bought three golden age books which was my biggest sale of the day. It's funny selling to a guy like Harley because as he walked away I wonder if I got worked by the master. :preach: But in the end, I make my margin from the books and he was nice to work with. Oh, and before the show I picked up a high grade Forever People #1 out of a half price box for $7.00 total. :banana: Hekla came by and introduced himself, he seems like a good guy and I look forward to chatting more. I may have missed John, but I'll see if I can track him down. More later...

Mike are you having a good show so far?

Hey Brian, not bad for preview day, no big books but a lot of lower priced stuff. A kid that looked 13 came over and I remembered he bought AMS 121 at Phoenix Con in May. He said it was his first comic and since then he has amassed a nice little collection of low grade keys. He ended up buying a low grade AMS 13. I sold it to him for $15 which is less than I paid for it but it's good to see a book like that with someone that will appreciate it. I've take the approach with kids that they are the future collectors so I try to half off for all of them. Overall, I'm having a blast. There was one old codger that was crowing about high prices on my Crime Suspenstories 22 and Ghostly Weird 122 (both classic covers and the only copies at the show). Then he started blasting CGC and how they destroyed the hobby. We talked for a bit but it was less of a discussion and more of a monolog. I did appreciate hearing his perspective. Oh and Harley Yee came by and bought three golden age books which was my biggest sale of the day. It's funny selling to a guy like Harley because as he walked away I wonder if I got worked by the master. :preach: But in the end, I make my margin from the books and he was nice to work with. Oh, and before the show I picked up a high grade Forever People #1 out of a half price box for $7.00 total. :banana: Hekla came by and introduced himself, he seems like a good guy and I look forward to chatting more. I may have missed John, but I'll see if I can track him down. More later...

Yeah - good show so far; I was surprised at the crowds on day 1. The place was jammed within an hour of opening! The good deals and best OA was getting snagged fast.

Good to meet you Mike. I always like stopping by Ed's at every local con too.

Good show Jimmy and Jay - It's really grown in the last couple of years.

What type of OA is there. Hoping someone does a con report with pics. This is the first Con I have missed in years. Glad to see you are doing good at the Con Ed, I hope it continues same for you Mike.