• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

some one is going to get sucker punched on this ASM #1

19 posts in this topic

Holy Smokes check out this auction

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1

WITH THIS DESCRIPTION

Amazing Spider-Man #1 NM- 1966!!!

I'd estimate this Amazing Spider-Man #1 comic (from 1966) 893whatthe.gif to be 9.0 - 9.2 NM- This Amazing Spider-Man #1 is very nice ans straight with off-white to white pages.

Spider-Man Movie is out now, proving once again the public's fascination with Spider-Man. Ultimate Spider-Man is the best book to come out of Marvel Comics for a while.and I would think that with the unique cover on this one, I think to myself, EXACTLY HOW MANY of these early Ultimate Spider-Man comics are EVEN AROUND??? confused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

With MILLIONS of new Spider fans being born recently and the huge release of the Spider-Man sequel make this Ultimate Spider-Man 6 comic one of the most sought comics on ebay. ultimate Spider-Man has enjoyed great success with collectors and Spider-Man has a huge fan base. Not to mention these comics are written, and drawn very well. Bid Now I have only this one. I will sacrifice to the highest bidder. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

I have some great auctions on a lot of unique comics, and a lot of Amazing Spider-Man comic books going up soon. Amazing Spider-Man #1 where it all got started for The Amazing, The Sensational, The Spectacular Spider-Man.

Even though he includes the correct publishing date some Sucker is going to pay too much $$$$$$$ and will be very sorry.gifsorry.gifsorry.giftonofbricks.gif

WEBHEAD......

so is this the reprint from the golden record set???

what's the reference to ultimate spider-man #6?? confused.gif

No price so reprint, he has a USM 6 up and it looks like he has used the same description everytime.

confused-smiley-013.gif

Anyone who doesn't know the original print run of #1 and what to look out for to distinguish the two, well--won't get much sympathy from this crowd methinks. Bad Bad seller not doing the right thing though by not saying it is a reprint 893naughty-thumb.gif

Anyone who doesn't know the original print run of #1 and what to look out for to distinguish the two, well--won't get much sympathy from this crowd methinks. Bad Bad seller not doing the right thing though by not saying it is a reprint 893naughty-thumb.gif
He is not technically doing anything wrong, he never said first print or anything.

Do your homework before buying stuff you don't have a clue about.

Well the fact that the seller states it is a comic from 1966, and the high bid is only $265, means that the Ebayers know exactly what it is they are bidding on.

If the high bid was $2,665.. then I would think it would be time to send out warning emails to the high bidder.

Still a really nice reprint though.

Z

Well the fact that the seller states it is a comic from 1966, and the high bid is only $265, means that the Ebayers know exactly what it is they are bidding on.

If the high bid was $2,665.. then I would think it would be time to send out warning emails to the high bidder.

Still a really nice reprint though.

Z

Still, arguably, at a good price for its apparent condition. . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Man.... this uninformed buyer be damned attitude just kills me. My dad bought me tons of back issue comics one Christmas when I was about 12. If some guy had offered him a Spiderman # 1 from 1966 for $100, would that have been OK because he was clueless about it being a reprint? The attitude just strikes me as jaded and condescending. sign-rantpost.gif

Man.... this uninformed buyer be damned attitude just kills me. My dad bought me tons of back issue comics one Christmas when I was about 12. If some guy had offered him a Spiderman # 1 from 1966 for $100, would that have been OK because he was clueless about it being a reprint? The attitude just strikes me as jaded and condescending. sign-rantpost.gif

I was going to say that no one could be so stupid as to bid hundreds of dollars on something that is obviously a reprint, but well, we know how that turned out last time, don't we Greatest? 27_laughing.gif

Years ago around when ebay first started, I put up a auction with photo. Well for some reason I screwed up and put the wrong photo and couldn't change it. So I cleared everything except the photo. I even changed the title to "Nothing for sale". Would you believe people were bidding on it right up to the last second. Even though I have to explain to them nothing was being sold.

So yes I believe people will bid high on just about anything. Even if they don't know what it is. I think they just look at the picture and right away think that they want it and bid on it without reading the text. This is from experence.

Even today I still see people that post "NOTHING FOR SALE" and people bid on it. Try ebays SEARCH for nothing and see what you see. It may not be there every day, but when it is, most of the time someone is bidding for nothing . frown.gif

Years ago around when ebay first started, I put up a auction with photo. Well for some reason I screwed up and put the wrong photo and couldn't change it. So I cleared everything except the photo. I even changed the title to "Nothing for sale". Would you believe people were bidding on it right up to the last second. Even though I have to explain to them nothing was being sold.

So yes I believe people will bid high on just about anything. Even if they don't know what it is. I think they just look at the picture and right away think that they want it and bid on it without reading the text. This is from experence.

Even today I still see people that post "NOTHING FOR SALE" and people bid on it. Try ebays SEARCH for nothing and see what you see. It may not be there every day, but when it is, most of the time someone is bidding for nothing . frown.gif

really? anything? maybe i could sell some cat litter wads? getting money for them would be better than throwing them out.

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even today I still see people that post "NOTHING FOR SALE" and people bid on it. Try ebays SEARCH for nothing and see what you see. It may not be there every day, but when it is, most of the time someone is bidding for nothing .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

really? anything? maybe i could sell some cat litter wads? getting money for them would be better than throwing them out.

Try it. You probably will get some bids.

Here's one... item #5509241298. Looks like some kind of TEST someone is doing. People are bidding though. ???confused-smiley-013.gif