• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

What Boba said....if I see a PGX I just walk away. Too many bad stories and they usually sell for markedly less than their CGC counterparts in same grade.

Just saw Dark Knight rises again last night.....I just can't get over how much I dislike the movie. I would like to see continuity with the actors in any JLA film, but the way Bale comes across is guttural and stiff. He's not the Batman that's the World's greatest detective and he certainly doesn't strike me as the 'brains' of the JLA. The Batman in comics can go toe to toe with Superman and other members of the JLA.....with him getting whooped so easily by Bane I'd have a hard time letting my suspension of belief kick in regarding that same ability.

They need someone that is articulate, dark and brooding the way Bats has been portrayed in the animated series and movies, as well as in the comics.

That person needs to also be capable of holding their own against the other super-folk be it with brains, brawn or tech. Bale just doesn't do it for me unfortunately.

I have to agree with Dan - at the risk of being run out of the forum, I'm not a big fan of Bale's portrayals - especially the somewhat peculiar one in the final film. We need the smart, snappy one for a JLA movie IMHO.

I wonder if the actor who played Green Arrow in the TV series is going to be in the film as GA? Someone like that, albeit a brunette, is what they need.

So, speculation on the 7.5 by Sparkle City on ebay? Nice PQ. Decent looking back cover for a 7.5. But most books by Sparkle City on ebay hammer for a price below market value.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brave-the-Bold-28-CGC-7-5-1st-Justice-League-of-America-DC-Silver-Age-Comic-/350822292294?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item51aea35b46

I am going to speculate that it goes for a steal (IMHO) at 18k.

But most books by Sparkle City on ebay hammer for a price below market value.

Actually I think you have that backwards....

What he said....Sparkle City usually has a great turnout and folks bid like crazy.

But most books by Sparkle City on ebay hammer for a price below market value.

Actually I think you have that backwards....

What he said....Sparkle City usually has a great turnout and folks bid like crazy.

Most auctions I've followed on eBay, they do seem to really capture an audience of bidders. It's definitely worth watching.

So, speculation on the 7.5 by Sparkle City on ebay? Nice PQ. Decent looking back cover for a 7.5. But most books by Sparkle City on ebay hammer for a price below market value.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brave-the-Bold-28-CGC-7-5-1st-Justice-League-of-America-DC-Silver-Age-Comic-/350822292294?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item51aea35b46

Seriously? $18K? Sheesh... a 7.0 just went for under $9K in May.

Seriously? $18K? Sheesh... a 7.0 just went for under $9K in May.

Before MOS FTR. :wink:

high demand books like this to way over market ....low demand books typically go under (thumbs u

The PGX last night was really ugly for a 4.0 IMO.

The 7.5 that Brian has up is nice, solid looking copy.

Sparkle city doesn't always command record prices for books. They certainly do sometimes, but it definitely can go both ways (as it does for many sellers)

Joey

Yeah, read a buncha stuff saying it was real, then other things that insisted it wasn't. What I'm reading between the lines is: good press for MOS regardless.

:thumbsup: