• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

Back in the 90s, Showcase New England had a full short box of copies of AF #15.

That is pretty sick, Jeff. Rick also mentioned a little while back that someone has (had?) a short box of AF15s, i'm wondering if this is the same guy or not.......

That is pretty sick, Jeff. Rick also mentioned a little while back that someone has (had?) a short box of AF15s, i'm wondering if this is the same guy or not.......

my friend still has over 60 copies. I have gotten 5 from him. Not scne!

60 copies? I guess someone doesn't need a 401k... :insane:

60 copies? I guess someone doesn't need a 401k... :insane:

and that is just the tip of the iceberg!

Any chance he is interested in some "buy one, get one free" deals?

hm

hm

I kinda like the 4th of July fireworks deals, "buy 1 get 3 free". lol

hm

its taken me 15 years to be able to buy like 7 books from him. That's one every 2 years lol

I do understand the potential synergistic dynamics, yet it's seemingly a fine line between the market adjusting its FMV or having an inflated speculative value shoved down our collective throats.

I would think the marketplace would adjust for this "inflated speculative value" all on its own. Either you pay the price or the comic sits with its owner. Given enough time, the owner will either lower the price or get the price once the perceived value of the comic equates with its price.

If someone else wants it bad enough, they pay the price (like I normally do). My motivations are more driven by completing my collection and liking the comics I collect as opposed to speculating, but with either motivation the market as a whole will always adjust given time.

I've made the same argument before pertaining to the lack of data points on the GPA. It really is rather simple as you've pointed out: if folks don't agree the price is appropriate, it sits forever. If someone is willing to pull the trigger at a given price: that's the FMV as determined by that purchase.

It took someone (who's in this thread) to determine he was willing to pay over 60K years ago for the top census BB28. Folks thought he was crazy apparently and that he'd never see his investment $ again. The book was sold for an undisclosed amt. more than he paid. Someone believed it was reasonable to pay more and in all honesty that book's estimated value currently is markedly more than that. What amt. exactly is debatable but clearly more than what was paid initially on the order of tens of thousands if not more than that.

Since the topic of PGX was brought up here previously I thought I'd ask you knowledgeable folks:

If you did have a PGX slab that you wanted to submit to the CGC for reslabbing, what's the best way to handle that? Would you just send them the whole slab as is or would you crack it and send it raw?

Metropolis this morning in their "COMICS ADDED TODAY" section had 2 low-grade, raw BB28's listed. Stock images, so they were just listed. I checked the site some moments ago and both listings were gone, suggesting both books sold same day.

Interesting. I have several copies listed for sale in the sales thread and while I am priced on the high fringe of fmv I haven't had a single inquiry or offer hm

Interesting. I have several copies listed for sale in the sales thread and while I am priced on the high fringe of fmv I haven't had a single inquiry or offer hm

Link?!!

Metropolis this morning in their "COMICS ADDED TODAY" section had 2 low-grade, raw BB28's listed. Stock images, so they were just listed. I checked the site some moments ago and both listings were gone, suggesting both books sold same day.

They are in the auctions - not the "For Sale" listings.

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?id=979497

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?id=979503

They are in the auctions - not the "For Sale" listings.

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?id=979497

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?id=979503

Not Clink -- Metropolis.