• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

All that says is that they haven't talked. Doesn't mean either party isn't interested or that the studios aren't poised to plug him in or put him to bed.

Alot of rumors have been circulating and the Hammer-man hasn't been quick to deny any of it. He's probably got his fingers crossed after his latest bomb.

And if Hammer denies it, too?

Armie Hammer quashes Ant-Man rumor

If he denies it that makes it rather solid. Didn't see it before now honestly.

As far as the Man from U.N.C.L.E. that gig was lined up before the Hiroshima Bomb that is the Lone Ranger. I'm sure they wouldn't kick him outta bed once contracts had been signed.

All that says is that they haven't talked. Doesn't mean either party isn't interested or that the studios aren't poised to plug him in or put him to bed.

Alot of rumors have been circulating and the Hammer-man hasn't been quick to deny any of it. He's probably got his fingers crossed after his latest bomb.

As far as the Man from U.N.C.L.E. that gig was lined up before the Hiroshima Bomb that is the Lone Ranger. I'm sure they wouldn't kick him outta bed once contracts had been signed.

Still, he's not in MC Hammer territory. Now if UNCLE bombs, we'll see.

You wouldn't happen to BE Armie Hammer would you? ROFL!

You wouldn't happen to BE Armie Hammer would you? ROFL!

lol

Gentlemen....start your engines:

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/07/10/justice-league-dark-movie-in-very-active-development/

'Justice League Dark Movie In Very Active Development'

Director Guillermo del Toro is out trying to promote Pacific Rim, but it seems people are most interested in asking him about a Justice League Dark movie. Last week, Guillermo del Toro revealed that Justice League Dark could fit into the Man Of Steel universe.

This week, Guillermo del Toro revealed that not only is a Justice League Dark movie in development, but it’s what he describes as “very active” development. In and interview with Collider, Guillermo del Toro said, “Justice League Dark is very active. I’m doing one more revision while we wait for the writer. It’s somebody big, [and] we’re patiently waiting for that writer. I think it’s worth it, I think it’s a guy we all admire. I’m doing my revisions on my sort of Bible, on my story for the film. I can tell you it’s the writing project I’ve enjoyed the most in English. Devil’s Backbone and Pan’s Labyrinth are in Spanish, but of all my writing and screenplays, this was so much fun because it was character. It was a pretty easy plot, but the character interaction, Swamp Thing with Deadman and Demon, it’s so joyful for me to write that. Constantine is such a great character, so dry. I think it could be a great movie. I don’t want to do many changes until the proper writer comes onboard.”

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/03/30/justice-league-dark-movie-will-feature-blonde-constantine/

At 2013 WonderCon, director Guillermo Del Toro took part in a panel to promote Pacific Rim, but he also answered a couple questions about the Justice League Dark movie.

Guillermo Del Toro revealed that the lead character in the Justice League Dark movie would be Constantine and that he would be blonde. While Constantine is blonde in the comic books, he was portrayed as having dark hair by Keanu Reeves in a 2005 movie. We take Guillermo Del Toro’s statement to mean that Keanu Reeves will not be reprising his role as Constantine in the Justice League Dark movie.

Gentlemen....start your engines:

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/07/10/justice-league-dark-movie-in-very-active-development/

'Justice League Dark Movie In Very Active Development'

Director Guillermo del Toro is out trying to promote Pacific Rim, but it seems people are most interested in asking him about a Justice League Dark movie. Last week, Guillermo del Toro revealed that Justice League Dark could fit into the Man Of Steel universe.

This week, Guillermo del Toro revealed that not only is a Justice League Dark movie in development, but it’s what he describes as “very active” development. In and interview with Collider, Guillermo del Toro said, “Justice League Dark is very active. I’m doing one more revision while we wait for the writer. It’s somebody big, [and] we’re patiently waiting for that writer. I think it’s worth it, I think it’s a guy we all admire. I’m doing my revisions on my sort of Bible, on my story for the film. I can tell you it’s the writing project I’ve enjoyed the most in English. Devil’s Backbone and Pan’s Labyrinth are in Spanish, but of all my writing and screenplays, this was so much fun because it was character. It was a pretty easy plot, but the character interaction, Swamp Thing with Deadman and Demon, it’s so joyful for me to write that. Constantine is such a great character, so dry. I think it could be a great movie. I don’t want to do many changes until the proper writer comes onboard.”

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/03/30/justice-league-dark-movie-will-feature-blonde-constantine/

At 2013 WonderCon, director Guillermo Del Toro took part in a panel to promote Pacific Rim, but he also answered a couple questions about the Justice League Dark movie.

Guillermo Del Toro revealed that the lead character in the Justice League Dark movie would be Constantine and that he would be blonde. While Constantine is blonde in the comic books, he was portrayed as having dark hair by Keanu Reeves in a 2005 movie. We take Guillermo Del Toro’s statement to mean that Keanu Reeves will not be reprising his role as Constantine in the Justice League Dark movie.

This deserves its own thread. So many awesome undervalued keys with great characters.

So many awesome undervalued keys with great characters.

for the moment....

Yeah, I'd say keep that under our collective hats until we've at least had a chance to grab up the first appearances of Constantine and Dead-man.

They're still affordable. First appearance of Zatanna and Swamp-Thing are already up there in $ but not totally unaffordable. The Demon is probably still fairly affordable as well.

It really looks like that's gonna happen tho, and FTR I think this is DC's answer to the Phase 3 Marvel offerings which purportedly are the more "mystical" and magical of their universe: Iron Fist, Dr. Strange, etc.

i don't think prices will go crazy if/when this is announced...there's just too many copies floating around to see a major spike. It's not early 60's DC we're talking about...

Very true. But there are a few mid 60s keys in that group that stands to benefit greatly from a movie bump. I never thought Tec 359 would be going nuts the way it's gone the last year. Lots of copies there, but people are crazy about the book. HOS92 will be even more popular than ever before in a Del Toro flick.

People still buy and sell (for quick profit) Hulk 181, Walking Dead 1 and New Mutants 98. All non-rare hugely available books in high grade.

I don't necessarily think all the books associated with JLD will spike, but some likely will if the movie ever gets made.

The question is how quickly will the bubble pop?

I think people consistently underestimate the interest that is generated by movie hype AND the fact that when the hype hits the high grade copies are most sought after. Just looking at what's available out there raw there are very few that would be in the 9.0+ category. That's not to say that they aren't out there, but if you were ever going to look for some higher grade candidates the time would be before anything solid emerges.

I think people consistently underestimate the interest that is generated by movie hype AND the fact that when the hype hits the high grade copies are most sought after. Just looking at what's available out there raw there are very few that would be in the 9.0+ category. That's not to say that they aren't out there, but if you were ever going to look for some higher grade candidates the time would be before anything solid emerges.

I agree, high grade is definitely a priority in a bubble. The good thing going for B-list character key books is that even if there are a ton in market, to your point many are not properly cared for.

To boot, the recurring theme I have heard so many times before is that DC's have been generally less desirable than their Marvel counterparts. If you factor in B-list characters, less collected, more improperly cared for and finally hype: you've got a perfect storm of factors.

I'm not saying any of this is going to be a slam dunk, but it would be best to start searching now rather than wait for the 11th hour. As I've reviewed some of the first appearances tonight for the line up in JLD they really are definitely in the affordable realm for the mostpart. Surprisingly so.