• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

Oh and as for the polyethnic background of the Justice League, they pretty much aren't all American in the first place.

Wonder Woman and Aquaman are not American and have a Greek background (in animations both, citizens of Atlantis and of Themyscira speak Greek to each other). Besides their Greek background they both belong to independent non-American nations. If they emphasize this a bit it would already show the polyethnic background.

The Martian Manhunter may mainly reside in the US these days, but he was born, grew up and already lived most of his life on Mars.

They are American! lol they are just naturalized Americans. The only real American is probably batman that was born in the USA. Even though Gotham doesn't exist...

Oh and as for the polyethnic background of the Justice League, they pretty much aren't all American in the first place.

Wonder Woman and Aquaman are not American and have a Greek background (in animations both, citizens of Atlantis and of Themyscira speak Greek to each other). Besides their Greek background they both belong to independent non-American nations. If they emphasize this a bit it would already show the polyethnic background.

The Martian Manhunter may mainly reside in the US these days, but he was born, grew up and already lived most of his life on Mars.

They are American! lol they are just naturalized Americans. The only real American is probably batman that was born in the USA. Even though Gotham doesn't exist...

You can have the Martian, but don't mess with the Greeks, Mr. (tsk)

Regarding polyethnic:

Yep, I realize that Aquaman and WW are not from America and reside in their own provinces/countries, etc.

What I probably meant to say is that the JLA was pretty much a bunch of lilly white folks and has been perceived that way regardless of their respective places of origin.

I feel that the powers that be at WB/DC are going to attempt to inject some 'color' into the mix....and I don't mean Martians or other extraterrestrials.

If I were a betting man, I'd say they're going to put in Cyborg with an almost 100% guarantee. I take that from his inclusion in both animation, comics, videogames, teasers and rumors. He's been on a collision course for the big screen for awhile.....Goyer and Snyder have both mentioned him directly as well.

He's African-American, and he'll parallel the use of the Falcon in the the new Cap or Avengers movie. WB is trying to add 'color' formulaicly just like Marvel.

Plus he's been showcased for 'kids' in both Teen Titans animated shows. Kids will immediately 'get' the character.

So That leaves what they're going to do with GL. If I were WB, I'd not bother getting rid of Reynolds as GL...I'd leave him in the wings in case there is a resurgence of interest in either him or the character. Instead, I'd put another Green Lantern in the mix. Typically as per Hollywood's usual M.O. one African American usually is 'enough'. So I'm betting on them not using Stewart. Rayner would be my personal choice....but with all the hullaballoo about the middle east and such I think WB would go for the cheap media hype of adding the first Lebanese-American Green Lantern: Simon Baz.

He's been a big deal since the New 52...and for younger readers he's probably the most familiar.

So you've got some Muslim flavor in the mix as well as not being a totally WASPY team of crackers: alien, mystical or otherwise.

If WB is truly going for 'modern take' then that'd be the way it shores up. If they're trying to appeal to the older generation of fans then they may indeed put Rayner in or even Gardner. Then they can spin it backwards into a GL sequel and then the extra GLs can be accounted for.

While we're talking about character placement....Shazam/ Captain Marvel has been all over the place lately and they're really trying to push him. I'd definitely love to see him on the big screen.

If a Justice League Dark movie was ever made, Shazam could be the mediator between the JL, the JLD and pretty much anything that has anything to do with magic.

Love me some Shazam....been looking for awhile for Whiz #2 in decent to high grade. Seen Flash & Thrill ashcan versions of #1 in B&W but I think I'd rather have the official first release.

I honestly think this is the most hyped book other than AF15. A JLA movie is a really big deal. I honestly wonder where it will stop its growth in the next few years. I mean we have ways to go for the movie... But it's already picking up pace and fast...

You think this book is MORE hyped than the various Avengers key books: ie-firt appearance of Ultron, first appearance of Vision...etc?

I think this book is still far from it's peak. It just doesn't get the love it deserves......(yet).

Just a side note to self: never express 'displeasure' with Joey Post's services in open forums. The result is always a lynch mob. Someone in this thread knows exactly what I'm talking about. :wink:

Dem1138: I might have to look ye' up for an 'ultra HG' copy at some point. What would you consider 'ultra HG' BTW? Are we talking 9.2+?

You said it was a 'graded' copy as well....we talking CGC graded?

Dem1138: I might have to look ye' up for an 'ultra HG' copy at some point. What would you consider 'ultra HG' BTW? Are we talking 9.2+?

I will know in a week or so. PM me and I will keep you in the loop.

You said it was a 'graded' copy as well....we talking CGC graded?

The 8.0 ow/w is graded.

The ultra HG copy is going to get graded but looks amazing raw.

Looks like the State of Michigan is going to cough up $35 million in the form of tax incentives for the Supes/Bats movie to film there.

That'd either take a nice chunk out of what they have to pay Affleck or take care of the whole shabang.

Not a bad move WB.....benefits Detroit and cuts the budget expenses. They haven't even started filming and they've pocketed 35 big ones.

http://www.businessinsider.com/batman-superman-movie-will-film-in-detroit-michigan-2013-8

There's plenty of room to go. The SC copy on eBay has been up for less than 24h and is already at $4,500 with 9 days to go.

Same copy that "sold" a month ago, and now it's back up again (what a surprise).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350847339717?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

There's plenty of room to go. The SC copy on eBay has been up for less than 24h and is already at $4,500 with 9 days to go.

Same copy that "sold" a month ago, and now it's back up again (what a surprise).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350847339717?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

It is a bit surprising as that winner had 123 feedback with 100% positive ratings.

Maybe $6400 was too rich for his blood. He shoulda see the writing on the wall with that auction as another OW 6.0 had sold 2 days before on Aug. 6th for 6K.