• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Watch this video

14 posts in this topic

My "initial reaction was, "don't hold a comic book like that!" Even if it's an IM1 with a big ol' tape pull in the center. And obviously there's no way it's worth $250.

My second was, $500 to $1000 per day means you have to be working your butt off AND be an expert in a huge variety of objects and collectibles - no easy task. Hats off if he's really doing it.

My "initial reaction was, "don't hold a comic book like that!" Even if it's an IM1 with a big ol' tape pull in the center. And obviously there's no way it's worth $250.

My second was, $500 to $1000 per day means you have to be working your butt off AND be an expert in a huge variety of objects and collectibles - no easy task. Hats off if he's really doing it.

Agreed. I love how these little snippets try and water it down and make it look easy like those TV shows with people making rent raiding storage centers...it's so easy!! However, some good general advice in the article as well--looking for restoration, fad related items, etc.

I'm shocked at how much the value of IM1 shot up. I might have to actually look up its value. :screwy:

I applaud the guy if he really can pull off bringing in 10-20K a month. Maybe he scored huge long ago and that gave him the chance to move to the upper end stuff. I know there are finds to be had at thrift store/flea markets/yard sale/etc, but I just don't think it could be as frequent and as huge as the video makes it sound. Or, maybe I live in an area were none of the good stuff it left.

You really have to know your stuff to make that much money buying and selling second hand stuff. That would take a TON of work and research.
The first couple of minutes almost sounded like an infomercial.

I could not get myself to watch the whole thing..sorry

My "initial reaction was, "don't hold a comic book like that!"

^^

We're such huge nerds. :facepalm:

That was my first reaction as well...... Then I thought, why didn't he has that on a slab or at least on a. Bag and board....