• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's performing resto checks at CGC?

32 posts in this topic

Borock did state that when Friesen was off to start PCS that all the graders were adept at spotting resto. I don't think it's a secret art form, just one that needs education. I've also heard from talking in circles with people that there are people who don't work for CGC that are among the best in the hobby at spotting it. Apparently, Fishler is at the top of that list.

My point is that even if Friesen is not at CGC, resto can be spotted to a trained eye.

I don't know who is doing it.

I wouldn't mind if they appointed Matt. I have enough trust to know he won't work on a book just by looking at it. If he knows what to look for and he has time, let him at them!
:facepalm:

Borock did state that when Friesen was off to start PCS that all the graders were adept at spotting resto. I don't think it's a secret art form, just one that needs education. I've also heard from talking in circles with people that there are people who don't work for CGC that are among the best in the hobby at spotting it. Apparently, Fishler is at the top of that list.

My point is that even if Friesen is not at CGC, resto can be spotted to a trained eye.

I don't know who is doing it.

Cantie Brevard?

I heard that Chris Friesen has left. Maybe they can get Matt to do it.

Chris never left CGC. He is still with us, performing resto checks. He has taken on an apprentice, Kent Bonifield, who has worked in the restoration department at Ringling Museum.

The only ones I can think of in such short notice would be Ryan Patterson or Dane DeWitt from Florida Sales, but I guess they could have gotten Megan Ortega out of South Philly....it will be an interesting next few months for sure hm

Chris never left CGC. He is still with us, performing resto checks. He has taken on an apprentice, Kent Bonifield, who has worked in the restoration department at Ringling Museum.

Damn lawyers doing a journalist's job.

lol

Thanks for the update.

From what I had heard, there was a rumour but I guess that's all it was.

(thumbs u

Thanks Paul.

The only ones I can think of in such short notice would be Ryan Patterson or Dane DeWitt from Florida Sales, but I guess they could have gotten Megan Ortega out of South Philly....it will be an interesting next few months for sure hm

Yes...I believe Megan to be second in line to be an apprentice.....but as far as resto checks go..there can only be two, the Master..and the apprentice

.....yeeeeeeeeeeeha~!!!

Excellent news.

Thanks Paul.

Are you sure that is really Paul? I heard Paul left.

Thanks Paul.

Touche. I shouldn't have started the thread based on a rumor. I'll acknowledge that. I should've emailed Paul. For that, I apologize.

Thanks Paul.

James Daunoughan mentioned something about that, but i htought it wasn't until March....news travels fast

Thanks Paul.

Touche. I shouldn't have started the thread based on a rumor. I'll acknowledge that. I should've emailed Paul. For that, I apologize.

I still love you.