• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(Fists of) Sgt. Fury Love Fest - Post your favorite covers

88 posts in this topic

Great looking books, Eric.

And BTW, aren't dictators supposed to go around shaking their fists at every opportunity? Actually I think it's more like raising-their-fist-to-bring-it-crashing-down-on-any-and-all-opposition!

Finally, yes, I agree, DC had the better war books, Kubert rules.....but the Sgt. Fury's have still been vastly underrated.

This coule be a pretty "nasty" title to collect in higher grades...I got most of min in the 90's...Here is the very hard to find #167:

SgtFury167.JPG

Which is obviously a reprint of #1:

SgtFury1.JPG

Here is another nazi cover #9:

SgtFury9.JPG

Eric

This coule be a pretty "nasty" title to collect in higher grades...I got most of min in the 90's...Here is the very hard to find #167:

SgtFury167.JPG

Which is obviously a reprint of #1:

SgtFury1.JPG

Here is another nazi cover #9:

SgtFury9.JPG

Eric

A couple of years ago, I went out to Dolgoff's in MA. After an afternoon of not finding a single variant, a single HG Marvel BA western, and numerous other goals, I happened to come across a 9.2 167. I couldn't believe it. It took me about 5 years to find a HG copy. A truly hard book to find. I gotta wonder about the circulation--I was at the peek of my newstand and direct dist. buying at the time, and I never even saw this one hit the stands.

It's really too bad that this title never got the new Gil Kane cover treatment the western reprint titles got. I have to wonder if Fury would have lasted a bit longer if it had.

I happened to come across a 9.2 167. I couldn't believe it. It took me about 5 years to find a HG copy. A truly hard book to find. I gotta wonder about the circulation--I was at the peek of my newstand and direct dist. buying at the time, and I never even saw this one hit the stands.

Yep, certainly a toughie. I actually found a nice 9.4 after a while. In truth though, all of the issues from 150-167 are REALLY tough in anything close to HG. In fact, they seem to be missing from most dealer inventories in ANY grade. (Dolgoff's site is a good example of this....he has tons of Furys in multiple grades under # 90, but carries only a handful of issues, in ANY grade, after issue # 120).

this is a great cover

551808-SGTFURY101.JPG

I have to admit I was a Marvel Zombie and collected lots and lots of Sgt Fury books many now in high grade...

Excellent ride down memory lane cloud9.gif

WEBHEAD

Issue #28 reads like a small novel. You should try to get at least a reader of #29 which is the second half of the Fury - Strucker faceoff! It's a really good two-parter!

Awesome thread, everybody! Great covers, and overdue recognition for one of the most well-written and drawn but underrated Marvel titles. Here's my personal favorite Sgt Fury cover.

490904-Sgt%20Fury%2064a.jpg

It's truely a shame this title doesn't get more respect! After all, it is still a early Marvel title and lasted for quite some time. Not to mention Sgt. Fury/FF crossover in #4 and the Nick Fury, Agent of Shield later, with numerous crossovers!

It's getting there. Check back in a year and see how prices have jumped.

I wouldn't hold my breath. I put a 9.4 copy of Sgt Fury 24 up on eBay recently, from the CGC-unrecognized Golden State pedigree and an absolute beauty, and the highest bid was a stunning $66.99. That's almost exactly 1X 9.2 Guide... needless to say, it did not reach my reserve, which was very reasonable but not THAT reasonable. Sgt Fury prices on eBay, in all range of grades, have been underwhelming to say the least. I'm not surprised that they hardly ever get submitted or get put up for sale, it's just not worth it.

It's truely a shame this title doesn't get more respect! After all, it is still a early Marvel title and lasted for quite some time. Not to mention Sgt. Fury/FF crossover in #4 and the Nick Fury, Agent of Shield later, with numerous crossovers!

It's getting there. Check back in a year and see how prices have jumped.

I wouldn't hold my breath. I put a 9.4 copy of Sgt Fury 24 up on eBay recently, from the CGC-unrecognized Golden State pedigree and an absolute beauty, and the highest bid was a stunning $66.99. That's almost exactly 1X 9.2 Guide... needless to say, it did not reach my reserve, which was very reasonable but not THAT reasonable. Sgt Fury prices on eBay, in all range of grades, have been underwhelming to say the least. I'm not surprised that they hardly ever get submitted or get put up for sale, it's just not worth it.

*Isolated incident.* grin.gif