• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Shudder when CGC announces another comic show

47 posts in this topic

I just passed four months and my modern and value submissions are still in verified. Everytime I see CGC state that they are now accepting submissions at this show or that show, I know my little guys have to sit longer and longer in a dark lonely place and feel abandoned because I could not afford to get them home sooner.

I'm actually getting tired of complaining that my books have been gone for so long. CGC is teaching a lesson to all of those people who were too cheap to pay the 58% upcharge just to get their books back in a timely fashion.

I just passed four months and my modern and value submissions are still in verified. Everytime I see CGC state that they are now accepting submissions at this show or that show, I know my little guys have to sit longer and longer in a dark lonely place and feel abandoned because I could not afford to get them home sooner.

Are you basing this on the misconception that it's the CGC graders who attend the shows?

I'm actually getting tired of complaining that my books have been gone for so long. CGC is teaching a lesson to all of those people who were too cheap to pay the 58% upcharge just to get their books back in a timely fashion.

Too bad I'm a slow learner!

:insane:

No, I guess I was basing it on my frustration that regardless of whatever the reason truly is, how can any company that seems to have a goldmine on it's hands, let customers wait this long when there has to be a way to maximize it's product popularity. Every week I watch a show called Shark Tank and those millionaire backers would see what CGC has going on and be in shock that they have not found a way to capitalize and have the customer base looking foward to utilizing it's product instead of deciding to put it off for a much later date. I have hundreds of books that will never be sent in. That cannot be something CGC really wants to hear.

No, I guess I was basing it on my frustration that regardless of whatever the reason truly is, how can any company that seems to have a goldmine on it's hands, let customers wait this long when there has to be a way to maximize it's product popularity. Every week I watch a show called Shark Tank and those millionaire backers would see what CGC has going on and be in shock that they have not found a way to capitalize and have the customer base looking foward to utilizing it's product instead of deciding to put it off for a much later date. I have hundreds of books that will never be sent in. That cannot be something CGC really wants to hear.

An excellent point. I assume they know what they're doing ... but it's hard to believe that the additional expense of adding more graders wouldn't be more than offset by the additional business they would get if their turnaround times weren't insane.

hm Maybe they should be paying interest to anyone who currently has comics waiting to be graded?

We could send them to shadrock and he could hold them for us at 3% their value per month until they can be submitted and returned in a timely fashion. :grin:

hm Maybe they should be paying interest to anyone who currently has comics waiting to be graded?

Excellent Point. If they stand by their product and service, there should be a rebate / discount offered back to the customer when they cannot reach their quoted turnaround times.

When a train cannot reach the station within 15 minutes of its targeted time and the circumstances was within their control, a credit is given to the customer so they can come back ... even though it's the only train in town.

CGC is just complacent with mediocrity right now because there is no competition pushing them to excel (like the smartphone industry).

Every week I watch a show called Shark Tank and those millionaire backers would see what CGC has going on and be in shock that they have not found a way to capitalize and have the customer base looking foward to utilizing it's product instead of deciding to put it off for a much later date. I have hundreds of books that will never be sent in. That cannot be something CGC really wants to hear.

I completely agree with this. CGC is going to have to acknowledge that more can be done. I'd love to get many of my books encapsulated, but at the rate the CGC works I am completely turned off.

Are you basing this on the misconception that it's the CGC graders who attend the shows?

Mike,didn't a boardie recently complain that earlier this year a grader WAS at a con witnessing signatures.

There was quite a kerfuffle made if I recall.

Was that a one-off?

lol

As an aside - mind me asking how long it took you to acquire that impressive collection of books in your sig line mate?