• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rachel Rising

1,571 posts in this topic

I used to like comics more than money and comics flowed in, now I like money more than comics and comics flow out. Am I a bad person? ???

Only until you realize that the insane money you get from a couple of comics provides the purchasing power for a whole shzitload of more comics, plus some hookers and blow! Lather, rinse, repeat.

I used to like comics more than money and comics flowed in, now I like money more than comics and comics flow out. Am I a bad person? ???

Only until you realize that the insane money you get from a couple of comics provides the purchasing power for a whole shzitload of more comics, plus some hookers and blow! Lather, rinse, repeat.

Rinse the hooker. Repeat the blow*

lol

lol ... moving on ;)

I was checking out the census, crazy low numbers. Is this book really that low in terms of slabbing, or is it one of those cases of multiple entries.

Also, how is the quality on the #1 print run? Will this book be catching 9.9s and 10s?

(shrug)

http://www.cgccomics.com/census/issues_bytitle.asp?title=Rachel+Rising&publisher=Abstract+Studio

i was going to do a slab comparison, print number vs, grade, and % slabbed, etc. to similar sized 11K print run books.

But then it seems to show only 4 copies slabbed, 2 at 9.8, 1 signed, 1 not..... was there really that little love for this book.

lol

lol ... moving on ;)

I was checking out the census, crazy low numbers. Is this book really that low in terms of slabbing, or is it one of those cases of multiple entries.

Also, how is the quality on the #1 print run? Will this book be catching 9.9s and 10s?

This book has been a very slow burn, but buzz from the beginning was that it was a good read. Terry Moore is a pretty tried and true creator. Little to no spec buzz, except a weird spike in #1 prices a couple of months ago. That is when I started looking for them.

QP is pretty high, but they have been out in wild a long time. I feel like if there was a lot of slabbing right off the bat (a la Helheim, EoW) there may have a been a fair chunk of 9.9-10, but now, not so much.

I remember when I was subbing Peter Panzerfaust last year. There were less than 10 #1's on the census. We'll see what happens with RR. Obviously people here are "in the know" but this info will take a bit to circulate and translate to other comic folk.

i've always seen people who liked it speaking highly of it, and i know terry has a strong following. I still am shocked that there are only 2 9.8s and 4 total copies slabbed.

I just can't believe more of the fans of the series didnt slab it, and that there isnt even a full set slabbed. Seems to be no 3,6, 8 or 10 slabbed, yet the odd numbers,and 2 and 4, all are on the census.

I guess it just goes to show how much speculation drives slabbing. Which is actually kind of scary vis-vis the whole bubble debate. Wonder if slabbing will crash harder than people realize if a bubble bursts.

Dang.. I just realized that I have this run and didn't realize it because it was in my short box of books to read. Just bumped it to the top of the list for this weekend.

I read the first 6 issues. The book is great!

lol

lol ... moving on ;)

Have you read the book? You know... just wondering.

Read it as soon as it was released and loved it, gave it glowing reviews (not that anybody reads them)... oh thats cause they're in Comics General!

Anyway, I ordered based on Terry Moore because I missed out on reading Echo and that also got good reviews.

I do like him as an artist and he draws people very well. He even has an art book out "how to draw women". Been thinking about getting that at some stage.

i've always seen people who liked it speaking highly of it, and i know terry has a strong following. I still am shocked that there are only 2 9.8s and 4 total copies slabbed.

I just can't believe more of the fans of the series didnt slab it, and that there isnt even a full set slabbed. Seems to be no 3,6, 8 or 10 slabbed, yet the odd numbers,and 2 and 4, all are on the census.

I guess it just goes to show how much speculation drives slabbing. Which is actually kind of scary vis-vis the whole bubble debate. Wonder if slabbing will crash harder than people realize if a bubble bursts.

The problem is the amount that most retailers would order. They only usually get enough to fill subs, and maybe 2-3 for the shelves-hence the fact that I missed out on most issues past #3 because I'm not a sub guy. I always dug through back issue boxes around here, and never found books better than 9.0 maybe. Not good enough for me to spend my money on for keepers. I did read the first tpb and love the series though.

Chances are that most copies of this series aren't slab worthy to tell the truth, seeing as a lot of readers aren't condition sensitive like most of us here on the boards. They buy the book in whatever off the shelf condition it is, read it maybe less than carefully, and throw it in a box with a bag and board maybe.

If the book was released under the Image label and hoarded maybe the story would be different. Not to mention that plenty of #1's have a printer defect staple rub on them. If CGC recognizes the plethora of this defect maybe they will curve the subs a little, but who knows. 2c