• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

15 out of 16 came back 9.8 - Heck yeah! posted by Sensei Ryan

16 posts in this topic

or...a kid in a candy store! I'm excited :)

Well - this is my first journal and my first attempt at getting 9.8's back from CGC with my own submissions. After being frustrated with looking and finding little books on eBay to add to my sets I found 16 books from my personal collection that I thought would have an awesome chance at getting the 9.8 grade. Well, I submitted them and 4 weeks later they arrive and low and behold 15 of the 16 came back as 9.8's!!! The one 9.6, after intense scrutiny, did have a flaw that I missed, unfortunately - so I can see how it didn't meet the grade. I have neglected to mention that I didn't cheat and look online at the grades before they arrived - I felt like a kid at Christmas opening the box and looking at each slab one by one to see that nearly all were 9.8's!!!

All I can say is, I can't wait until I can find more books from my collection to submit - I must have more 9.8's!!! Someday, maybe, I'll even get a 9.9...a guy can dream, can't he???

PS - the best part is - one of the books was from 1985 - there were only 2 9.8's in the registry for it and I submitted it on a whim (thinking it'd come back a 9.6) and it even made the 9.8 grade (now there are 3)!

It's a great day for me - thank you CGC!!!

Sensei Ryan out!

See more journals by Sensei Ryan

hmmm sounds like something i might try myself. How long did you wait to get them back. Ive been waiting for four books since august.

Petorr,

It took about 4 weeks total from the time I shipped them until the time they arrived back to me (I used modern fast track) - I would only recommend fast track as I am not the type that can't wait 6 months on a book.

Now, if you are sending in tons of books at once I can understand the slow and more affordable track (I'm just not that patient to do it)

PS - GO FOR IT! It's worth the wait for the future excitement! :headbang:

First off, congrats, second off...spill, what books did you get back.

Tnerb,

I'm getting ready to post a list of what I got - I had a question as you have knowledge I need :)

This is my first journal and at the top of this list (on my journal post) it lists me as :

CSJournals

Why isn't my user ID (sensei Ryan) posted here? Is there something I need to do to fix that?

All right - here's what I got:

15 9.8's:

9 Green Lanterns from the Volume 3 series (none important enough to list as they were just filler issues)

1 Green Lantern Series 2 issue:

Tales of the GLC Annual #1 - previously only 2 9.8's existed and now there are 3 :)

1 Green Lantern Corps issue:

Green Lantern Corps #6

1 Aquaman issue:

Aquaman New 52 #1

3 Green Lantern New 52 series issues:

11 Variant

13 Variant

13 Blank Variant

1 book came back a 9.6 - Green Lantern New 52 issue #13 (1st print) - after looking it over I noticed a non-color breaking color bend (this was on all the issues that were at my shop and I thought I had a perfect one - apparently I was wrong - it was so faint you couldn't see it unless held up at an angle to the light - it goes through the entire book - it's a factory defect but a defect that I missed none-the-less.

I attribute both luck and my OCDness to my fortunate return from CGC - I honestly am ridiculous when it comes to purchasing books. It takes me a good 45 minutes to pick out my books - it's embarrassing (but rewarding, apparently).

Seriously - I can't describe how excited I was to open and look at all the books - I felt like I was 12 again and finding a super rare #1 on a comic spinner rack...

Thanks for all the replies! :)

Right on Sensei Ryan well done, I see alot of G.L. up there "Superb choice". I will one day submit my R.L. collection to the cgc, you say " Modern Fast track" is the way to go. I shall be looking into it indeed.

Anyway condragulations and high scores to you in the future.