• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS SA/BA DC/MARVEL-Raw HG, Keys, Adams, Bats/Tecs, bulk lots--CLOSED!!!

127 posts in this topic

THREAD IS NOW CLOSED.

:news: 12/2/2012 THREAD HAS BEEN UPDATED W/DISCOUNTS & PACKAGE DEALS ON P. 13!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey all…starting tonight, and ending on Friday night, I'll be listing a bunch of nicer Bronze Age DCs, mostly high-demand Adams favorites and a few keys -- all raw, and all from my personal collection, but which (unfortunately) I can no longer afford to keep (dem's da breaks!).

There will also be some lower and mid-grade books, a few choice SA & BA Marvels, several larger lots of "un-retailed" Marvel and DC multiples from a large collection of distributor warehouse stock I acquired earlier this year, and other odds and ends as well.

Something for everyone, I hope, and everything will be priced to sell!

-----------

TERMS

-----------

:takeit: rules. No probies, HOS'ers, or shipping to an address other than the buyer's.

• Payment is due within 3 days of close. PayPal preferred.

Domestic Shipping: $7 for 1-4 books via USPS Priority Mail flat rate envelope; $12 for 5 or more books via USPS Priority Mail flat rate box. Both options include secure packaging, full insurance, and Delivery Confirmation.

International Shipping: via USPS International Express only: fast and trackable, starting at around $35 US. Extra insurance is mandatory if necessary, and will be charged at my cost. Please PM me first for a shipping estimate before committing to buy.

-----------

My feedback thread is located here (under my old username, but it's still me):

My feedback thread!

( :gossip:...as a former US Postal Service employee, I tend to get very high marks for secure shipping -- mostly because I know what NOT to do! :grin:)

Finally…none of these books have been pressed or altered in any way while they have been in my possession (in many cases for quite a long time). And most--if not all--of the nicer books came from reputable dealers; names are mentioned in the listings when I clearly remembered the source, and/or have documentation.

First listings will be up in a few -- thanks for looking!

DC Special Series #1: VF/NM. Manitoba copy w/certificate. One of the best of Adams' late '70s covers, and a super cool early "Dollar Comic" as well. Priced at less than what I paid Doug Sulipa for it.

$45 SOLD!!! via PM.

DCspecialseries1a.jpg

DCspecialseries1b.jpg

Strange Adventures #212: VF. Best cover in the Adams' Deadman run for my money, and outstanding interior art by Adams as well. Current OSPG for a VF is $61. This one presents well, and is a lot less at…

$30 SOLD!!!

strangeadventures212a.jpg

strangeadventures212b.jpg

…and now for something completely different… :)

Captain America #115 Lot 1: Here are 9 Fine-ish copies (or maybe a little better) of a very cool late SA issue of Cap, all of which came from an un-sold distributor stash I acquired earlier this year, and all of which are in surprisingly good shape for un-distributed comics from over 40 years ago!

$25 for the lot. SOLD!!!

cap-amer-115-lot1.jpg

Captain America #115 Lot 1: Here are 9 Fine-ish copies (or maybe a little better) of a very cool late SA issue of Cap, all of which came from an un-sold distributor stash I acquired earlier this year, and all of which are in surprisingly good shape for un-distributed comics from over 40 years ago!

$25 for the lot.

cap-amer-115-lot1.jpg

take

$25 for the lot.

take

(thumbs u Thanks Ray!

How 'bout another Marvel? I've listed this one before, but never this cheap...!!!

Amazing Spider-Man #5: Fair. Obvious tape repairs to the front and back covers. RHS of front cover probably trimmed. Minor interior tape repairs. Nice OW paper. 100% complete and readable -- solid lower grade copy.

$80

amazingspider5a.jpg

amazingspider5b.jpg

Superman #204: F/VF. Not an easy book to find in nice shape, at least in my experience. Deep cover colors on this one, and not a lot of wear/color-breaking nonsense to detract from the impact of the cover image, which is one of Adams' best from his late '60s period IMHO.

I still have my "original" copy of this book, which I bought second-hand from a flea market way back in 1975 or so. That one is a real beater, and will probably go to the grave with me, but this copy is MUCH nicer, and only…

$18

superman204a.jpg

superman204b.jpg

Batman #227: VG++. Classic Adams cover, always in high demand, and a very nice looking copy overall for the technical grade. Distributor overspray along the top edge of the book (partially visible along the top edge of the back cover).

$100 SOLD!!!

batman227a.jpg

batman227b.jpg

Action Comics #399: VF/NM. Adams cover. This copy presents better than the assigned grade, with deep cover colors, bright whites, and sharp corners. There's a small discolored area on the upper left-hand side of the back cover: it looks like a tear, but it's not. (There is, however, a very tiny production/bundling tear on that same side, to the left of the bikes pictured in the ad.)

VERY cool story from the Swanderson era, too, featuring Abraham Lincoln -- a sentimental favorite of mine ever since I first read it in the Superman: From the Thirties to the Seventies hardcover!

$28

action399a.jpg

action399b.jpg