• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

do you continue to roll the dice with "MyComicShop"

129 posts in this topic

I've placed orders with MyComicShop for 15-30 comics 3 times now. Every time, 1 or 2 of the books came damaged. Not shipping damage, but they sold me a VF or a NM book and it had a tear on the back cover or the cover isn't attached at one staples type of damage.

Clearly the issue is they just don't look at their books closely enough when they are grading and sorting them or when they are sending them out.

They always offer to make it right, if you want to mail the book back. Once for a $20 book I did but two other times I couldn't be bothered for $5 dollar books. I don't want to waste my lunch hour at the post office.

I imagine this must be a pretty common occurance. I doubt my luck ( or lack there of ) is such that no one else but me is having this happen to them. So assuming you do have this problem have you stopped rolling the dice on their back issues?

If they offer to make it right every time, you aren't "rolling the dice".

meh

They always offer to make it right, if you want to mail the book back. I don't want to waste my lunch hour at the post office.

:eyeroll:

meh

They always offer to make it right, if you want to mail the book back. I don't want to waste my lunch hour at the post office.

meh

Seriously what is with the bi-weekly MyComicShop threads? :facepalm:

When you have a problem, any problem at all, the right thing to do is start a thread about it. Every time.

meh

meh

:popcorn:

When you have a problem, any problem at all, the right thing to do is start a thread about it. Every time.

In that case, I'm off to start a thread about this sandwich shop by my house. They never stay open past 6:30 pm and it's really plssing me off.

In that case, I'm off to start a thread about this sandwich shop by my house. They never stay open past 6:30 pm and it's really plssing me off.

Out the bastiches. :popcorn:

Out the bastiches. :popcorn:

meh

meh

meh

meh

You're up Andrew :baiting:

meh

meh

meh

dancing-hippo.gif

I think this might be more an issue showcasing the difficulties of trying to grade and sell books in large volumes. Something not limited to MCS. I once got a SA book from mile high graded as VF only to open it and on every single page some kid years earlier had drawn over the main character (Thor) as Batman. Even drawing him on the full page ad space in the book. You literally couldn't miss it if you opened the book at all.

They sent me another copy, but I chalked it up to them trying to grade hundreds or thousands of books fast enough to put them up for sale quickly. It doesn't excuse them. It's just reality.