• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

do you continue to roll the dice with "MyComicShop"

129 posts in this topic

If they offer to make it right every time, you aren't "rolling the dice".

meh

They always offer to make it right, if you want to mail the book back. I don't want to waste my lunch hour at the post office.

:eyeroll:

meh

meh

dancing-hippo.gif

belly-dance.gif

funny gifs

Rolling the dice on if your order will be right the first time, not rolling the dice on if you're going to get compensated.

Its rolling the dice in the same way If a pizza joint delivers you the wrong pie half the time but you gotta drive back to get it fixed.

Its the hassel that bothers me. I'm not saying they are trying to screw me. Just that I am inconvenienced every time I have placed an order with them.

meh

They always offer to make it right, if you want to mail the book back. I don't want to waste my lunch hour at the post office.

meh

meh

dancing-hippo.gif

belly-dance.gif

funny gifs

tumblr_lheqas6zgD1qbl0ico1_500.gif

ibwcp6H6EgUYti.gif

I have problems with them, too. It is rolling the dice. I buy Time-Loks and Life Xtenders from them, and half the time the boards arrive damaged, dropped on their corners. For that money, it is a realy pain in the butt to return damaged boards and get new ones. They don't cover the entire cost of shipping the bad items back. I eat the bad boards most of the time unless it's the whole pack. (I get 50 board packs). There are always some damaged goods, and usually half the shipment. After a complaint, my last shipment was good. We'll see how my next one comes.

Accepting returns does not make up for delivering bad product. I can find somewhere else to get my supplies where I don't have to worry about returns.

sigh...and I still remember the days of

receiving a newsletter in the mail

Checkmarking the comics I wanted

totaling it on some mimeographed form

adding sales tax if i had to

Mailing in a postal money order with my order form

waiting 4 to 8 weeks

receiving the books in the mail

deciding if it fit into one of the 3 grades they offered back then (good - Fine - Mint)

watching Lawrence Welk

sigh...and I still remember the days of

receiving a newsletter in the mail

Checkmarking the comics I wanted

totaling it on some mimeographed form

adding sales tax if i had to

Mailing in a postal money order with my order form

waiting 4 to 8 weeks

receiving the books in the mail

deciding if it fit into one of the 3 grades they offered back then (good - Fine - Mint)

watching Lawrence Welk

That's Beautiful!

:grin:

Yup, bought a higher end book than 4 other smaller books that were all labeled as NM and I was pretty surprised at the condition I received them in.

They were really cheap smaller books (less than $5 each) so I couldn't be bothered but I know now not to spend the extra buck on their NM stuff as its likely not NM.

I was surprised too considering I hear how hard they grade but that's likely only for more expensive books.

As a seller I'll eat the cost of making a customer happy, for MY screw up.

That's all I'm saying. Most good sellers do this. MCS knows they don't have to provide top notch products or service it seems. I guess I'm learning that they aren't willing to go the extra mile.

Offering a refund (not covering all of the return shipping) for their mistake just doesn't cut it for me on a product they are probably going to trash once they get it back. If we were talking about something that still had value once they got it back ok I see them expecting to get it returned. But not 1 or 2 $5 back issues that they mis-graded.

Does anyone know of a quality comic dealer with a lot of back issues that I could use as an alternative to those jokers?

meh

:facepalm: My Comic Shop thread and of course RMA shows up wow

I've always been very impressed with MyComicShop. Their prices and selection can't be compared. If you want perfect books try and buy them off the shelf when they come out or buy them in a CGC holder. Otherwise stop person_without_enough_empathying.

ibwcp6H6EgUYti.gif

:applause:

That is incredible.

meh

I20am20not20obsessive.png

:popcorn:

1164a_ORIG-Pot_Meet_Kettle.jpg

:whistle: I'm willing to bet the next My Comic Shop thread that is started RMA will be right back in there (thumbs u