• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

do you continue to roll the dice with "MyComicShop"

129 posts in this topic

If they offer to make it right every time, you aren't "rolling the dice".

meh

They always offer to make it right, if you want to mail the book back. I don't want to waste my lunch hour at the post office.

:facepalm: My Comic Shop thread and of course RMA shows up wow

:facepalm: RMA shows up and of course 8milemax shows up wow

meh

They always offer to make it right, if you want to mail the book back. I don't want to waste my lunch hour at the post office.

:facepalm: My Comic Shop thread and of course RMA shows up wow

:facepalm: RMA shows up and of course 8milemax shows up wow

A thread complaining about MyComicShop, and the customers who have no complaint show up making it seem like a MCS customer could never have a valid complaint about books arriving damaged or being overgraded :facepalm:

Can't speak for others but I spent over $6,000 with MCS in the last ten months and didn't recieve a single book I thought was overgraded. Recieved plenty that I thought were undergraded.

What, exactly , were the OPs complaints? That he was offered a full refund but didn't want to waste his lunch hour at the post office in order to get it?

He seems to feel that by complaining, MCS should simply refund his money while he keeps the book he wasn't happy with.

sigh...and I still remember the days of

receiving a newsletter in the mail

Checkmarking the comics I wanted

totaling it on some mimeographed form

adding sales tax if i had to

Mailing in a postal money order with my order form

waiting 4 to 8 weeks

receiving the books in the mail

deciding if it fit into one of the 3 grades they offered back then (good - Fine - Mint)

watching Lawrence Welk

That's Beautiful!

:grin:

Brought tears to my eyes...

I can sum up how this works with both My Comic Shop (MCS) and Mile High Comics (MHC):

- If you order books that are under $10, chances are high you will get books that are over-graded, sometimes by more than one grade.

- If you order books that are over $10, you will most likely get a book in the grade stated. (MCS has pretty much come out and said this and it's clear MHC is similar in this regard.)

This is why there is a huge disparity between those who praise MCS and MHC and those who disparage them.

The frustration felt by the consumers for the less costly books will continue since there simply is no money in a dealer spending the time to accurately grade cheap books. Ideally, MCS and MHC would simply drop grading their sub $10 books so they don't disappoint those customers.

My orders with MCS in the past 2 years have been very satisfactory. However, I think that is because I haven't ordered too many older comics. Before then not so much. My last order, I did return some book as I felt they were way over graded and one had a lot of rust with transfer to interior for several pages deep with a grade of VG+. They only refund $3 for return shipping which is crazy because they couldn't even ship them to me for that price. Their graphic novels that they charge full price for are for the most part used.

Long and short of it is I still don't trust their grading on cheap SA books. I will never order another VG book from them again. Which stinks because my romance books tend to fall in that range.

Personally, I agree with the OP that it is rolling the dice depending on what you order. I feel that MCS did tighten up their grading but the junk I just received in my last order make me go hm

meh

I20am20not20obsessive.png

:popcorn:

1164a_ORIG-Pot_Meet_Kettle.jpg

:whistle: I'm willing to bet the next My Comic Shop thread that is started RMA will be right back in there (thumbs u

lol Can say the same thing about you pal. RMA posts and you show up. I guess the RMA White Knight network still has its notification system up and running.

I can sum up how this works with both My Comic Shop (MCS) and Mile High Comics (MHC):

- If you order books that are under $10, chances are high you will get books that are over-graded, sometimes by more than one grade.

- If you order books that are over $10, you will most likely get a book in the grade stated. (MCS has pretty much come out and said this and it's clear MHC is similar in this regard.)

This is why there is a huge disparity between those who praise MCS and MHC and those who disparage them.

The frustration felt by the consumers for the less costly books will continue since there simply is no money in a dealer spending the time to accurately grade cheap books. Ideally, MCS and MHC would simply drop grading their sub $10 books so they don't disappoint those customers.

+1

Those of our the worst kinds of comic books to sell on EBay. I can`t really blame them for those kinds of comic books. Who wants to sell a vg $1.00 comic book on Ebay only to be hassled that the buyers think`s it`s really a vg - ?

Not worth the neg,not worth grading, and not worth selling. 2c

This vicious circle continues. If you have a client base of 100, you probably have the capability and should expect 100% customer satisfaction. If you have a client base of 100,000 then you must recognize you can't reach 100% satisfaction yet still strive for it.

I have yet to hear of an example where MCS is flat out wrong and didn't attempt to rectify it. It seems that the only issue is on some occasions a book is overgraded or damaged and a refund is always promptly given. The only caveat is the buyer pays return shipping.

MYCOMICSHOP WILL NOT PAY FOR RETURN SHIPPING ON DAMAGED, INPROPERLY GRADED OR INCORRECTLY PULLED BOOKS.

If this is a deal breaker, don't order from them. (shrug)

Also, if you inform them of all your overgraded books, they will gladly accept a supplemental payment which reflects the proper grade prices.

This vicious circle continues. If you have a client base of 100, you probably have the capability and should expect 100% customer satisfaction. If you have a client base of 100,000 then you must recognize you can't reach 100% satisfaction yet still strive for it.

I have yet to hear of an example where MCS is flat out wrong and didn't attempt to rectify it. It seems that the only issue is on some occasions a book is overgraded or damaged and a refund is always promptly given. The only caveat is the buyer pays return shipping.

MYCOMICSHOP WILL NOT PAY FOR RETURN SHIPPING ON DAMAGED, INPROPERLY GRADED OR INCORRECTLY PULLED BOOKS.

If this is a deal breaker, don't order from them. (shrug)

Also, if you inform them of all your overgraded books, they will gladly accept a supplement payment which reflects the proper grade prices.

you are missing the point, people would much rather pizz and moan here...

:baiting:

I have placed about 20 orders with them in the past 4 months and have not had any problems with grading. I sell them the drek I dont want and get store credit. Plus they are only 4 hours away so my books get here the next day.

CM

So if I were to order some mid-80s books in NM condition, maybe I'll end up buying two copies of each in the hope that I'll get an actual NM book. hm

if thats what you got out of this, you perhaps shouldn't order at all.

Lots of threads on MCS, understandable as they are so huge. Out of the 2 million total listings in ebay comic section, they have 230k of them. Many of the threads are about how tight their grading is especially compared to Mile High.

No better alternate exists for bulk want list filling of your run of $3 Super Weasel gone Wild volume 2 or whatever. The only retailer with similar size and online database for endless low end filler is mile high, and you will never find a person who prefers the grading or pricing of MH.

On any issues $10 and up, MCS has full size scans available, tight grading, and huge inventory. On cheaper stuff, you need to have your expectations grounded somewhere in reality, no one is going to lose money on every single book they sell to properly grade every page of your $2 book when they are selling millions of books a year.

I've ordered from MCS several times, mostly in hopes of nailing a potential 9.8 on a book I order 10 copies of. I buy all the NMs and some are VFs, some are better. I don't think I've ever expected to order 10 NM books at $2.70 each thinking every one was going to be pristine.

I will roll the dice with MCS because I have bingo'd on a couple 9.8s from them, so I'm good.