• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Surfer 1-18 Appreciation Thread

159 posts in this topic

Well... I'm so close I can taste it. Just need that #12, but I'm waiting to buy a higher grade slabbed copy instead of a raw mid-grade. Thanks to Brock for the #1 and to others for helping me piece this together. After the #12 the process begins of upgrading/slabbing. The raws are an average of 6.0, with some being a little less, some a little more. The #4 is probably a 4.5/5.0 (and one that I will want to upgrade first :grin:

My goal is to get them all to VF or better. Thanks for looking and I'll keep you posted as I continue to pursue the Surfer...

8539924703_053ce80feb_b.jpg

Lovely books man :headbang:

Well... I'm so close I can taste it. Just need that #12, but I'm waiting to buy a higher grade slabbed copy instead of a raw mid-grade. Thanks to Brock for the #1 and to others for helping me piece this together. After the #12 the process begins of upgrading/slabbing. The raws are an average of 6.0, with some being a little less, some a little more. The #4 is probably a 4.5/5.0 (and one that I will want to upgrade first :grin:

My goal is to get them all to VF or better. Thanks for looking and I'll keep you posted as I continue to pursue the Surfer...

Nice!

And I love the presentation

Nice!

And I love the presentation

+1

Very nice books! FF 48 presents beautifully! Hope your looking for an FF 55 and a Tales to Astonish 93 as well :baiting:

I don't have a good inventory system. I just found another small white box - ALL Surfers from 1 - 18 mixed and mixed grades. I downgraded a Storage unit by one last week to cut the $129 per month and I will be listing about 15 more Surfers this week and again in three weeks from now. Every now and then I sell some via emails...

I need some extra cash for my sick Doggie...

CAL :hi:

I wasn't planning on it, but I upgraded my #6 today.....

8546196239_73b4f6d8c2_c.jpg

Very nice! :applause: 8.0 to 9.4 are my favorite grades,high grade enough to look real nice,yet not the uber high grade prices.Kind of a "more bang for your buck" philosophy. :applause: