• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Surfer 1-18 Appreciation Thread

159 posts in this topic

Nice...It amazes me that you know where those 18 books are and you can access them in the blink of an eye. I have no idea where my other 17 issues are.

I just recently purged about 8 longboxes worth of my collection. It was about a third of what I had. I keep waiting for the seller's remorse to kick in, but what I'm finding is that I am loving the access I now have! I am enjoying my collection much more now that I can quickly find anything I feel like visiting again.

I know that you're in a very different mode currently though, BAF! There's a lot to be said for the ravenous aquisition era of one's collecting. Great days!

Nice...It amazes me that you know where those 18 books are and you can access them in the blink of an eye. I have no idea where my other 17 issues are.

I just recently purged about 8 longboxes worth of my collection. It was about a third of what I had. I keep waiting for the seller's remorse to kick in, but what I'm finding is that I am loving the access I now have! I am enjoying my collection much more now that I can quickly find anything I feel like visiting again.

I know that you're in a very different mode currently though, BAF! There's a lot to be said for the ravenous aquisition era of one's collecting. Great days!

Its all about the cabinets. A-Z is where it at. ;) Getting everything in order is the next step of your OCD Frankie.

10ComicroomDraws.jpg

Oh my God! I need a #4 are you selling?

There's a super nice-looking #4 on the mcs auction:

http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=23560803

Graded 6.5 but looks super nice. I was gonna make a run at it but I might be putting together a purchase for #1 so I'll probably pass.

Nice but I don't buy from them,or others I don't trust.You may call it OCD or whatever,but I've never been screwed over by anyone with this mindset. (thumbs u

Oh my God! I need a #4 are you selling?

There's a super nice-looking #4 on the mcs auction:

http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=23560803

Graded 6.5 but looks super nice. I was gonna make a run at it but I might be putting together a purchase for #1 so I'll probably pass.

Nice but I don't buy from them,or others I don't trust.You may call it OCD or whatever,but I've never been screwed over by anyone with this mindset. (thumbs u

Not really OCD I'd call that personal preference. Never had a problem with them myself. Just thought of that when I saw the post. 'Sall good. :thumbsup:

Sorry Dave, I never sell, crazy as it is I am looking for a #4 myself :facepalm:

I figured you were not selling any of them (comic OCD) But you have 4 of them. :makepoint: Why do you need another? doh!lol

I think you guys are confusing OCD with hoarding. Kind of similar, though. ;)

Here are my 1, 3 and 14.

ss1.jpg

That #1 is lovely, I really need to get mine scanned out of their bags although my #1 is not as nice as yours.

Thanks. It's a deslabbed CGC 8.0, I took it out because none of the others were slabbed. I am pretty happy with it.

Its all about the cabinets. A-Z is where it at. ;) Getting everything in order is the next step of your OCD Frankie.

10ComicroomDraws.jpg

Love the file cabinets!

10ComicroomDraws.jpg

Love the file cabinets!

That's the problem with OCD.I can find anything in a heartbeat. :sick: It's a sickness!

Did that pirate ghost ever return in any comic stories? I always thought he was a pretty good villain. hm

I think he appeared in a Giant-Sized Avengers. Seems like Kang put him against the Vision in one of those. That may be where is was revealed that the Vision used to be the Golden Age Human Torch before Ultron reworked him.

DG

I have them all, in FN to NM condition. My dealer buddy says the last issue by Kirby is rarer than the premiere issue, and undervalued by OSPG.

18 was the hardest for me to find in nice shape.

Loved my old copy:

Surfer18Mass.jpg