• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF Fantasy 15 on ebay. Would you be concerned?

52 posts in this topic

Why are the pictures of such poor quality? Why the blue tint? Why can't I enlarge the pictures? Isn't that a free upgrade for comic book listings on ebay? Even if it wasn't free, wouldn't the seller pay the extra pennies for that feature? Unless he's hiding something?

A little help here, people. Thanks.

Just realized it's being shipped free via parcel post economy. Why? A few more dollars gets you Priority Mail. Penny pinching on a $10,000 item? So many questions.

Something is up. Unrest about the future of our economy.

Its Xmas/New Year soon - your economy is in the pan.

Its a bad time of the year to sell anything except Grails or cheap books.

No-one is going to buy a WD #27 instead of filling their kids toy bag on Xmas day are they.

However its a GREAT time to buy stuff that is really cheap because the owners are broke.

12-mo GPA is $11,159. But given the good PQ and lack of Marvel chipping, I would guess that on Heritgage/Sparkle City/CLink it would have gone for $13K or more. Whoever won is rolling the dice, though.

The most recent sale (11/25) was for just $10,549 despite White PQ. Maybe it had serious chipping or other problems, though.

No chipping, it was a great looking copy. Unfortunately it had the initials "DJ" written across the title in black marker.

The most recent sale (11/25) was for just $10,549 despite White PQ. Maybe it had serious chipping or other problems, though.

No chipping, it was a great looking copy. Unfortunately it had the initials "DJ" written across the title in black marker.

Ouch! :cry:

Really sad as I want a cgc 5 and the last one had that marker on the front and this one had a seller that caused concern. The others always have marvel chipping and I HATE marvel chipping and do not understand how that does not kill a grade worse then what i have seen.

That DJ book was offered on the boards first. From our very own Filter81.

Alot of the books form an original owner collection had it. It's the "Don Juan" pedigree. (thumbs u

That was Adams copy from the DJ collection (thumbs u

That DJ book was offered on the boards first. From our very own Filter81.

Alot of the books form an original owner collection had it. It's the "Don Juan" pedigree. (thumbs u

Way to steal my thunder!

Now I remember it. Actually, doesn't look too bad. The DJ isn't all that obtrusive. Hope he doesn't mind my stealing the scan. I think whoever won this got a pretty good deal, given the White pages and absence of chipping.

AF15CGC50.jpg

12-mo GPA is $11,159. But given the good PQ and lack of Marvel chipping, I would guess that on Heritgage/Sparkle City/CLink it would have gone for $13K or more. Whoever won is rolling the dice, though.

Yeah, but with their higher fees than Ebay is it that much more profit?

Nope. I would guess the winner was a collector looking for a nice looking copy at a good price. Or someone, at any rate, planning to hold it for a while.

Now I remember it. Actually, doesn't look too bad. The DJ isn't all that obtrusive. Hope he doesn't mind my stealing the scan. I think whoever won this got a pretty good deal, given the White pages and absence of chipping.

AF15CGC50.jpg

Couldn't someone get that DJ off and it wouldn't count as restoration?

Either way it doesn't really bother me that much.