• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Officially official.Jamie Foxx is...ELECTRO !!

16 posts in this topic

I don't see him as Electro either, but I'm willing to wait until I see something before I say I hate it. However, I don't see how this fits with the first movie of the reboot (other than that stupid "pants at the end of the movie hanging from a clothes line Easter egg" thing). Also, Jamie was amazing as Ray Charles, and for me it will be hard for him to ever beat that.

I don't see him as Electro either, but I'm willing to wait until I see something before I say I hate it. However, I don't see how this fits with the first movie of the reboot (other than that stupid "pants at the end of the movie hanging from a clothes line Easter egg" thing). Also, Jamie was amazing as Ray Charles, and for me it will be hard for him to ever beat that.

I thought he was brilliant in Yeezy's Gold Digger video.

In all seriousness, I think he will do just fine.

DiceX.. lol

Again,the problem is the coolness factor goes way down because the stories arent in the proper timeframe.

If they were set in the 60's like First class did,then the costume and especially the head part would be awesome,but the stories are in today's world.

The costume they'll come out with is probably gonna get my eyes bleeding somewhat.

Never thought i'd say this but here goes,

Reboot again and set everything in the 60's.

That way ALL the Spidey villains will fit the timeframe.

Rhino,Hammerhead,Electro,Mysterio every one.

and i promise to shut up this time if they do an origin again.

(Cue Ozzy's I'm just a Dreamer )

I shall reserve judgement but my expectations are low. Not due to his acting, I just don't see him as Electro...

Perhaps they will kind of mix up the Ultimate Spider-Man version of Electro - Instead of being an enforcer for the Kingpin, he will be an enforcer for Norman/Green Goblin?

I was kinda hoping we'd get to see that funky mask on-screen but I bet we are going to get a 'no mask' villain and like electric scars on his face or something...

DiceX.. lol

Again,the problem is the coolness factor goes way down because the stories arent in the proper timeframe.

If they were set in the 60's like First class did,then the costume and especially the head part would be awesome,but the stories are in today's world.

The costume they'll come out with is probably gonna get my eyes bleeding somewhat.

You can't really set the movie in the 60s, because Peter would be 75 years old now.

What you can do is set it in the past, and be ambiguous to the time frame (as the comics are). Heck, the 90's is along time ago now.........which is maybe why they are casting Jamie Foxx.

I keep having "Booty Call" flashbacks.....man, I hope he works his Martin Luther King and Bill Cosby impressions into the movie.

Maybe they can get Eddie Murphy in his Professor Klump outfit to play the Kingpin.

DiceX.. lol

You can't really set the movie in the 60s, because Peter would be 75 years old now.

What you can do is set it in the past, and be ambiguous to the time frame (as the comics are). Heck, the 90's is along time ago now.........which is maybe why they are casting Jamie Foxx.

I keep having "Booty Call" flashbacks.....man, I hope he works his Martin Luther King and Bill Cosby impressions into the movie.

Maybe they can get Eddie Murphy in his Professor Klump outfit to play the Kingpin.

Hence the word reboot in my post.

All the films,all 60's,all the time.

We're talkin place them directly into the Ditko-Lee era.

This would open the plots to 1000 villains and crossovers.

But no,now we get Joker-Goblin-joker-Goblin-Bane.

Lemme guess,Hobgoblin next ?

As someone pointed out already,please dont make Electro Aunt May's electrician so he can befriend Peter Parker.