• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prometheus errr.. I mean Star Trek -- New trailer

104 posts in this topic

Anyone know who's the baddie?

+1

How are we supposed to care one way or another that he... has... returned... if we don't know who he is?

+ 2. Count me in as one of those that was lukewarm on the first reboot (I know I'm in the minority here), so offering me up another instant villain (the Romulan miner in the last one was really pretty lame) with no real ties to Star Trek continuity is zzz

Now of course, the character might actually be one we know and/or that's modestly interesting, and I'll keep my fingers crossed that that's the case. :wishluck:

Anyone know who's the baddie?

KHHHHHAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wishluck:

As long as he has a midget companion yelling.. "THE SPACEPLANE, THE SPACEPLANE!!"

evidence....

from wiki

"...Khan is a genetically engineered superhuman tyrant who once controlled more than a quarter of the Earth during the "

star trek poster caption:

"After the crew of the Enterprise find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction. "

Hmm... Federation creates Weapon of Mass Destruction (android), it escapes or is exiled, and comes back for revenge?

From interviews:

"Cumberbatch dished, "He is very ruthless... He is not a clearly good or evil character." He continued, as quoted by TrekMovie, "He is a villain but the actions he takes has intent and reason."

from imdb:

Benedict Cumberbatch ...

Khan (rumored)

... I'd be pretty surprised if it wasn't....

KKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I had not watched the trailer. There was a scene in it that is probably going to be the climax of the film and I just ruined it for myself.

They did the same thing with Avengers and X-Men First Class.

I need to make myself stop watching trailers completely.

I wish I had not watched the trailer. There was a scene in it that is probably going to be the climax of the film

That happenned to me when I watched the trailer to Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 4, How could they have divulged that Jason was going to break up with Erika!!!???!!! It ruined it for me~! :frustrated:

Perhaps a Khan re-imagining?

I agree - giving us a character that "has returned" that we don't know about in the ST continuity is Shinzon-level lameness. I think Khan, handled correctly and updated properly could be a compelling story.

I wish I had not watched the trailer. There was a scene in it that is probably going to be the climax of the film and I just ruined it for myself.

You didn't know the Enterprise was a submersible vehicle? It's kinda like the Gadgetmobile.