• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boston Comic-Con April 20-21, 2013, Boston MA

206 posts in this topic

Here's one goal I have this trip - I've got a bank I put spare change in, that I plan to convert into one amazing comic. I have no idea how much is in there, but he's full. After I cash this in, I'm curious to see just what I can arrange. I present to you Mighty Joe K-Ching, next to the most obvious scale references I could find: a slab and a pint glass. (Yes, that is a Jetpack Comics glass full of home-brewed peat-smoked porter.)

mighty-joe.jpg

Excuse the crappy cell-phone picture.

Bazborg

hmmmm, the more I look at this, the more I think I should try to get a "gorilla cover". . .

Did Aragones cancel? I don't see him listed on the guest list.

Yup. From the BCC Facebook page:

"Boston Comic Con

March 13

Unfortunately Sergio Aragones has had to cancel his appearance at Boston Comic Con 2013."

I met him a few years ago, very nice guy. Hopefully he's okay, he had some health issues a little ways back.

Great! I'll knock over GACollectibles' wall display, you drop the short box of slabs. Then we'll clothesline MutantKeys when he comes running over. For the Pièce de résistance, I'll ask to see Bob Storms' 8.5 FF #2 and give him a wedgie when he turns around to pull it down.