• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Year's Resolution

33 posts in this topic

Ever since I can remember I have been creative and doing some type of artwork.

In the last 5 years or so I've drifted away from it and have done almost nothing of note.

Next year I'm going to move into the world of sculpting, something I've done on a limited basis but am extremely talented at.

I'm going to start off and get my feet wet by doing a few resin dioramas. This is to take a blank model resin kit of whatever superhero and build it, paint it, texture it and construct an environment for it to make it look like a realistic scene.

I used to do these and was incredibly good at them.

After a few of these to get my creative juices flowing, I'm going all out on a mixture of sculpting and painting. Focusing on superhero themed sculptures and fantasy and horror themed paintings.

If anyone has suggestions on a resin model you'd like to see me do, please let me know.

What's your new year's resolution for 2013?

For those who don't understand what I mean by a diorama, here's an example of one. Not mine, but I've built equally impressive ones.

Great suggestion on the John Carter. I'm intrigued.

...something I've done on a limited basis but am extremely talented at.

You won't be working on your modesty for a news years resolution :whistle:

I'd like to write something. A book or -script or something, just some work of fiction. Unfortunately I'm not extremely talented at much of anything but I'll give it the old college try.

Also I think I'll try to read Amazing Spider-man #1-700. That's a more realistic goal anyway.

If anyone has suggestions on a resin model you'd like to see me do, please let me know.

Heatmiser

Sean, saw you on tv last night. Let it snow in the south just for one day....

Can't do it. I'm Mr 101. (shrug)

...something I've done on a limited basis but am extremely talented at.

You won't be working on your modesty for a news years resolution :whistle:

I don't need self confidence. I know what I'm sitting on, I'm too old to be modest. :cool:

Been wanting to do one of these myself... expanding it into a much larger scene... dunno 'bout you, but I know I won't get around to it for awhile...

youvebeenspotted.jpg

That...is...a real possibility. Thanks! (worship)

This fine book might interest you if youre taking the path of creating your own.

For a few years,i've been tempted to do a Blade runner trio of Deckard,Batty and Rachel.

http://www.amazon.com/Pop-Sculpture-Figures-Collectible-Statues/dp/0823095223

Yes. I need this info. Thanks for the suggestion.

It's exactly what I'm looking for. (thumbs u

Ever since I can remember I have been creative and doing some type of artwork.

In the last 5 years or so I've drifted away from it and have done almost nothing of note.

Next year I'm going to move into the world of sculpting, something I've done on a limited basis but am extremely talented at.

I'm going to start off and get my feet wet by doing a few resin dioramas. This is to take a blank model resin kit of whatever superhero and build it, paint it, texture it and construct an environment for it to make it look like a realistic scene.

I used to do these and was incredibly good at them.

After a few of these to get my creative juices flowing, I'm going all out on a mixture of sculpting and painting. Focusing on superhero themed sculptures and fantasy and horror themed paintings.

:applause:

I am horrible and have always been horrible at sculpture. I've never taken a knack to it, but I love seeing it and have respect for sculptors. Good luck!

My resolution is the same each year: draw more.