• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay "What would YOU do?" Episode #14,877

36 posts in this topic

Update...

I picked up the returned package today. The box looks like it has gone 10 rounds with the champ.

I'm running late for work and jumped in my car and tilted the box to put it in the passenger's seat and I heard the rattle of something hard and plastic shift in the box. :eek:

It's still in my car. I don't know if I want to look or not. :facepalm:

The buyer still has not replied to my email.

Don't worry, that insurance you purchased will cover it.

Monday rolls around and I check the tracking. It says Out for Delivery, then changes to "Notice Left" which means the guy wasn't home.

Any suggestions?

when tracking shipments, I frequently see the notice left statement.

I ALWAYS message the buyer to insure that a notice was actually left

Update...

I picked up the returned package today. The box looks like it has gone 10 rounds with the champ.

I'm running late for work and jumped in my car and tilted the box to put it in the passenger's seat and I heard the rattle of something hard and plastic shift in the box. :eek:

It's still in my car. I don't know if I want to look or not. :facepalm:

The buyer still has not replied to my email.

Yikes... Good luck. :(:wishluck:

I opened the box and there was no damage. Dunno what I heard but there wasn't anything wrong with the book.

I got an email from the guy today. He's going to send money for me to ship it again.

He said that he never saw a delivery notice.

I guess this is about as good of an ending as I could have hoped for. I just hope he gets it this time.

I opened the box and there was no damage. Dunno what I heard but there wasn't anything wrong with the book.

I got an email from the guy today. He's going to send money for me to ship it again.

I guess this is about as good of an ending as I could have hoped for. I just hope he gets it this time.

Cool. (thumbs u

I wouldn't do anything until you hear from the buyer. You got his money and book, he will be in touch. Get his story, tell him yours. He owes you to reship by my calculations. Don't know how you feel about reshipping at your expense the second time around, but you seem nice enough.

Had I done something wrong I'd offer to ship it on my dime in a heartbeat.

However, I won't make that offer in this situation. I'd just as soon cancel the transaction and keep the book.

Hear his tale of woe first. I think he will pay.

I wouldn't do anything until you hear from the buyer. You got his money and book, he will be in touch. Get his story, tell him yours. He owes you to reship by my calculations. Don't know how you feel about reshipping at your expense the second time around, but you seem nice enough.

However, I won't make that offer in this situation. I'd just as soon cancel the transaction and keep the book.

He's already paid. I offered to split the shipping cost with him BECAUSE that's how nice I am.

He's already paid. I offered to split the shipping cost with him BECAUSE that's how nice I am.

Were you visited by 3 Spirits last night by any chance?

Were you visited by 3 Spirits last night by any chance?

The spirit of bourbon, rum and wine?