• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15

17 posts in this topic

Just looked at EBay and there are quite a few low grade issues for sale but there is one 9.0 that looks tremendous (if anyone can post a link please do). I'm surprised that at only #36K the reserve is met.

GPA has just around there for the last two auction sales. Of course, during the initial movie hype phase the Curator copy sold for $44,000, so if you're working off of that price 36k looks 893whatthe.gif

The AF 15 is a resub candidate, the Spidey 1 isn't.

This is a bit off topic but would you send it in its current slab for a resub or crack it and send it in? I'd send it in raw because even though they say the grader doesn't know what condition it comes in at I still find that hard to believe, especially for high profile books such as this. The number of staff are probably not that large and I'm sure certain books are discussed at the water cooler or over lunch? I thought I read a post from what appeared to be a former/current grader (and a current member of these boards-name escapes me) at CGC and he made a comment about "when all the Nicolas Cage books came in". I'm sure there was a buzz around the office when those books came in and it sure sounded like he knew what he was looking at. confused-smiley-013.gif

I've always sent in my resubs still in the holder. I believe them when they say they don't see the books, and so far I'm batting .500. 3 up, 3 the same.

Brian

That's some pretty decent results. If I could get a couple of my old labels to move up a grade their value will jump considerably.

GPA has just around there for the last two auction sales. Of course, during the initial movie hype phase the Curator copy sold for $44,000, so if you're working off of that price 36k looks 893whatthe.gif

That same Curator CGC 9.0 sat on Heritage with a "buy it now" in the mid-$30K range for a month or two with no takers following an auction it didn't sell in last year. Hard to tell whether those "buy it now" items on Heritage actually sell or just get withdrawn.