• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 poor grade PRICE LOWERED

126 posts in this topic

How much would it cost to restore the top portion of the cover?

hm Was wondering the same thing myself..

If you wait a couple months, CGC can run this badboy through the resto machine before grading. Buy a 0.5, get a 4.5 PLOD.

How much would it cost to restore the top portion of the cover?

hm Was wondering the same thing myself..

It cost me around $600 to have Classicsincorporated restore my remaindered Xmen 1 (I gave them a top to use from another comic).

The tough thing is to find another AF15 to use the top from. For the price to be low, it seems like the whole bottom of the from cover would have to be gone.

For my X1 it was a little easier since there's a lot of those out there at reasonable prices. I only paid $300 for the X1 copy that I used the top from.

You could do it with a repro for the top bit.

Matt N. specifically told me that I needed to use a real top for my X1 remaindered copy. I think he may have been implying that if you use a repro top it might receive a NG from CGC

That's interesting because a reproduction cover gets an Apparent grade (Extensive Resto) so you would think a partial would too.

Matt N. specifically told me that I needed to use a real top for my X1 remaindered copy. I think he may have been implying that if you use a repro top it might receive a NG from CGC

That's interesting because a reproduction cover gets an Apparent grade (Extensive Resto) so you would think a partial would too.

Repro Covers no longer get grades other than "NG". CGC changed their policy on repro covers. They used to get an apparent grade, but no longer.

Repro Covers no longer get grades other than "NG". CGC changed their policy on repro covers. They used to get an apparent grade, but no longer.

That's very good news. Couldn't stand seeing a book with a reproduction cover getting given a grade.

That's very good news. Couldn't stand seeing a book with a reproduction cover getting given a grade.

That could get sticky. This isn't the whole cover, just a portion. How big a piece can you replace before it no longer gets a grade?

That could get sticky. This isn't the whole cover, just a portion. How big a piece can you replace before it no longer gets a grade?

That's a really good question. Apparently less than 1/3, but how much less I don't know.

Problems with the book :Missing 1/3 of the front portion of the cover, 1 1/2 inch split on the spine, 1/4 cut through the book on the middle on the spine, marvel chipping, and small part of back top right corner is missing. Any more questions can be pmed

Everything complete but the front portion of the cover and express insured shipping included,will only ship to the U.S and Canada

First :takeit: or pm

Accepting Paypal only

$2400 firm

comic1.jpg

comic3.jpg

comic2.jpg

Is this a USA copy or a Pence Copy? How can you be so sure? Thanks