• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 poor grade PRICE LOWERED

126 posts in this topic

Problems with the book :Missing 1/3 of the front portion of the cover, 1 1/2 inch split on the spine, 1/4 cut through the book on the middle on the spine, marvel chipping, and small part of back top right corner is missing. Any more questions can be pmed

Everything complete but the front portion of the cover and express insured shipping included,will only ship to the U.S and Canada

First :takeit: or pm

Accepting Paypal only

$2400 firm

comic1.jpg

comic3.jpg

comic2.jpg

Is this a USA copy or a Pence Copy? How can you be so sure? Thanks

:think:

Problems with the book :Missing 1/3 of the front portion of the cover, 1 1/2 inch split on the spine, 1/4 cut through the book on the middle on the spine, marvel chipping, and small part of back top right corner is missing. Any more questions can be pmed

Everything complete but the front portion of the cover and express insured shipping included,will only ship to the U.S and Canada

Accepting Paypal only

$2400 firm

comic1.jpg

comic3.jpg

comic2.jpg

would it not be noted in the indica?

(shrug)

Accepting Paypal only

$2400 firm

comic1.jpg

comic3.jpg

comic2.jpg

(shrug)

Seems I remember hearing the only difference in the copies is the pence price on the cover. All were published from the same source and at the same time, I think.

:think: :think:

Besides the price & month differences on the front cover there is a difference in the indicia too.

I've never see what it is myself (my 2 pence copies are slabbed so I cant see the insides) but other boardies have talked about this on other threads.

Someone had a high grade Spiderman 10 pence copy that they removed the pence ink and color touched a perfect "10c" in. Then they color touched a perfect "month" under the issue number "15".

Their plan almost worked... except they didn't know about the indicia difference.

Besides the price & month differences on the front cover there is a difference in the indicia too.

I've never see what it is myself (my 2 pence copies are slabbed so I cant see the insides) but other boardies have talked about this on other threads.

Someone had a high grade Spiderman 10 pence copy that they removed the pence ink and color touched a perfect "10c" in. Then they color touched a perfect "month" under the issue number "15".

Their plan almost worked... except they didn't know about the indicia difference.

:thumbsup: I stand corrected then.

I am not sure if I should say anything in the thread, but I believe the op might be innocent in what they are listing.

So here goes.

The FC is restored, and may even be married.

The original FC art that wraps around from the BC to the FC.. is of a different color compared to the married FC, and the black line art does not match. Not to mention the blue pen looking CT.

Hard to say if the book isn't all original without seeing the book in person, but you can clearly see where it was joined, and CT'ed.

comic2s_zps8cf030d8.jpg

I am not sure if I should say anything in the thread, but I believe the op might be innocent in what they are listing.

So here goes.

The original FC art that wraps around from the BC to the FC.. is of a different color compared to the married FC, and the black line art does not match. Not to mention the blue pen looking CT.

Hard to say if the book isn't all original without seeing the book in person, but you can clearly see where it was joined, and CT'ed.

comic2s_zps8cf030d8.jpg

Are you sure it's not just a flash issue and distance with the difference in color?

I'm sure the OP can defend if it's not restored :sumo:

So here goes.

comic2s_zps8cf030d8.jpg

I didn't intend to imply that the original poster was hiding something. I picked up on what someone posted and was hashing something out, wondering aloud, and it probably would've been better left unsaid. The Ze-man's expertise speaks for itself. :foryou:

Good luck with the sale...

Accepting Paypal only

$2400 firm

comic1.jpg

comic3.jpg

comic2.jpg

(shrug)

Seems I remember hearing the only difference in the copies is the pence price on the cover. All were published from the same source and at the same time, I think.

:think: :think:

I can think picture of the indica when tommorrow

So here goes.

comic2s_zps8cf030d8.jpg

I didn't intend to imply that the original poster was hiding something. I picked up on what someone posted and was hashing something out, wondering aloud, and it probably would've been better left unsaid. The Ze-man's expertise speaks for itself. :foryou:

Good luck with the sale...

We'll I can take a few more picture of the centerfold and other places if needed. I think it might look diffrent since the part of the FC been on the back of the book like a copy like this (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-2-5-1962-Origin-1st-Spider-man-1-B11-911-cm-/290818516414?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b62265be)and I display the book in my room. I do see where you're coming from as well since some of the brown looks blue, I'll try get a close up pictures soon

So here goes.

comic2s_zps8cf030d8.jpg

Good to know. And having someone point it out so clearly, it is fairly obvious.

Well I scanned it this time at work. and the spine split in like the bottom part of the book, which might give a married look.
Kenny is very good at what he does (restoration). He has claimed that this book is restored. I would sugest that you either end the FS thread or make a note of possible restoration.

Kenny would not of posted if he wasn't sure.