• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forum Comic?

15 posts in this topic

since im pretty new here and the search function doesn't go too far back has there ever been an attempt to pull people's talents together to create a comic from the forum? Speedy's colouring contest got me thinking there are certainly enough artists/inkers/colourists to get it looking good visually, any writers?

Someone should illustrate Joanna Sandsmarks "boardie-novel" “Crisis on Infinite Message Boards”....

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=140029&fpart=1

lol

I just started laughing uncontrollably when I clicked the link, because I immediately got a memory flashback of JC having a fit over his involvement in the b-novel!

Someone should illustrate Joanna Sandsmarks "boardie-novel" “Crisis on Infinite Message Boards”....

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=140029&fpart=1

lol

I just started laughing uncontrollably when I clicked the link, because I immediately got a memory flashback of JC having a fit over his involvement in the b-novel!

Yeah, what a ray of sunshine he was lol

lol

He was really ticked off because I made his character (who was a villain) 'portly'.

This is what angered him so (he is Dr. Gloom):

"What nonsense is this? I demand to know where we are!" says Lord Rawl.

Dr. Gloom stands beside him, hunkering down into his flowing cape. A torrential downpour obscures the landscape, but they see they are on a deserted road in the middle of nowhere. In the distance, a single light cuts through the ebony night.

"And how should I know where we are, you mentally challenged pile of housefly waste? We're on a road somewhere, and it's raining. There, you're up to speed, potty-training drop-out."

"There is a light in the distance. Perhaps we can seek shelter there."

"Did you or did you not see me take a step toward the direction of the light?"

"I thought you were stamping your feet to communicate 'I'm chilled in this rain'."

"If I were stamping my feet, Lord 'my brain is the size of a butterfly's sneeze', I would have remained in one place. If you'll note the position of my feet, you'll clearly see that my right foot is a full 21 millimeters more north-east than my left. This, my thought-impaired associate, is called 'a step'."

"Are you going to describe each step in this way, or would you be willing to string them all together in a silent dash so that we can get out of this downpour? Wait -- it doesn't matter." Lord Rawl bolts ahead of Dr. Gloom, racing toward the light.

Gloom is left standing, one foot a wee bit in front of the other, until he realizes that Rawl got the jump on him. Unwilling to ever be bested in any way on any issue, Gloom pours on the speed. Unfortunately, he carries enough extra pounds to make it a very uneven race. Rawl is on his 3rd cigarette by the time Gloom puffs his way up the creaking front steps of a small boarding house.

"I... would... have... won if you... hadn't... cheated..."

"If by 'cheated' you mean my habit of releasing my buttocks from the sweet embrace of the living room couch more than twice a day for meals, then yes, you're correct."

"As long as... I'm right... that's all that... matters," says Gloom.

Before Rawl could snap a rejoinder, the door of the boarding house creeks open. Framed against the inky blackness is one of the most beautiful women either of the two men has ever seen -- and between them, they've seen at least 7 women.

"Guh..."

"Hrgm..."

"Hello, boys. Looking for shelter on a rainy and windswept night?" she asks. Her voice has the musical timber of a well-tuned cello. The melody creeps inside the souls of the two villains, warming heart cells that have lain dormant since the womb.

"Hrgm."

"Guh."

"C'mon in, handsome," she says with a crook of her finger. Like lemmings, they follow her inside, no longer cognizant of the rain, or the road, or the sudden mystery of their appearance in this desolate place.

"She called me handsome," says Gloom.

"She was SO looking at me," says Rawl.

"Was not!"

"Was too!"

"Not!"

"Too!"

"Care for a drink?" The woman points to two overstuffed chairs facing a roaring fire. "I have scotch or bourbon."

Both men speak at once, not wanting the other to order her favorite before he can. "Scotch. No bourbon! No, Scotch! No--"

"I'll surprise you," she says and disappears into the kitchen.

The two villains high five each other.

Suddenly, a chilling voice with the sound of a violin played by a 3rd grader who never had lessons, arrests the attention of both men.

"Go! Go from this place! Go while you still live! Or beware the consequences!"

A minute ticks by on the grandfather clock. "Umm... that disembodied voice is probably something we should pay attention to," says Rawl.

"Yes, very much so."

Several more seconds tick by.

"A frightening voice, wasn't it?"

"Quite eerie."

"And not a friendly message."

"Terrifying."

"We stay for the hot babe in the kitchen?"

"I didn't even have to think about it."

They high five again.

To be continued...

I feel it is important to repeat it just in case he's lurking. Besides, the fact that all he objected to was the physical description (when I had access to no physical descriptions at all) instead of the portrayal of his attitude, is still pretty darn funny to me.

Why, thank you, lizards2. I also just realized I joined this board over 10 years ago. Lordy, how time does fly when you're getting old.

-- Joanna

Newb. :whatev:

Oh and Happy Birthday (thumbs u

Why, thank you, lizards2. I also just realized I joined this board over 10 years ago. Lordy, how time does fly when you're getting old.

-- Joanna

Rookie

-- Joanna

Rookie

I got nothing... :sorry: