• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sci Fi Movies Making Comeback in 2013?

17 posts in this topic

The sci-fi genre cupboard is rather bare. Most of what we call sci-fi is nothing more than action in space/the future. And please. Don't ever call STAR WARS sci-fi. It belongs in the fantasy genre more so than any other.

Films like MINORITY REPORT and CHILDREN OF MEN are true sci-fi movies. I wish there were more like them. :sumo:

The OBLIVION movie SEEMS interesting, while the trailer for AFTER EARTH made me sigh and groan...

The sci-fi genre cupboard is rather bare. Most of what we call sci-fi is nothing more than action in space/the future. And please. Don't ever call STAR WARS sci-fi. It belongs in the fantasy genre more so than any other.

Films like MINORITY REPORT and CHILDREN OF MEN are true sci-fi movies. I wish there were more like them. :sumo:

The OBLIVION movie SEEMS interesting, while the trailer for AFTER EARTH made me sigh and groan...

I really liked Looper this year, nice example of true sci-fi.

I really liked Looper this year, nice example of true sci-fi.

+1

The year before I liked planet of the apes. So few sci fi movies deliver on a good premise.

I cannot wait this year is going to be great for Science Fiction flicks. My favorite last year was Looper.

Oblivion -> Someone pointed out that is has experiment written all over it. I totally agree with that, but still this looks really interesting, and will see in in theaters. Also Freeman!

After Earth -> I am not been a fan of M.Night Syamalan since The Sixth Sense and Signs, but that said I am willing to bet that this is the one that breaks the tread. I will also go see this in theaters.

The Host -> Creator of Twilight... I think I will pass until dvd/bd. I am willing to watch anything by any creator so long as its good, but I won't spend money to see it in theaters on a gamble.

Star Trek -> I loved the first of the new movies, hopefully this one lives up to that. Will be seeing it in theaters as well.