• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Draft- Captains come and pick

934 posts in this topic

Here's a question....how to stop the captain who holds out for the last pick in round one, from immediately picking again, as the first picker in round two? Am I clear? If you were smart, you'd get two consecutive picks that way.

So Osborne might be waiting till some wacky U.S. time like 4am in the morning here (10am there) and get two consecutives! You wiley french guy! I know what you're up to! foreheadslap.gif

The second round can't start unless ultimatevenom gives the okay. So even if the last player in round one was picked, the first player in round two can't be picked until he says so.

By the way -- I am leaving town for the weekend starting tomorrow afternoon at 4 p.m. PDT and won't be back until Sunday. I have asked Newtsamson to pick our remaining teammates and act as alternate captain if there is anything that needs doing during that time frame.

uclapeterg

We will crush our enemies. devil.gif

Please PM the captains at least 12 hours prior to the start of the next free-for-all round and let them know what time it starts.

EST 893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif We will CRUSH all those who stand before us!

Unlikely

sumo.gif

Kneel before Zod!

SO FAR:

blowout

awe4one

Burntboy

redhook

joe_collector

143ksk

Rocketeer

inconceivable

savagetales

Jeffreykli

uclapeterg

RoseMarysBaby

thanos_oftitan

RustyStaple

justiceleaguer

Zonker

kryptonitecomics

NewtSamson

Fan4Fan

deathlok

Stout1

davidking623

OldGuy

MajorKhaos

rjpb

The Brain

Werner_Von_Doom

povertyrow

Stronguy

namisgr

Warlord

ImageMask

DKB

divadrabnud

Dmac538

LordRahl

sckao

chrisco37

Stynxno

Zipper68

Silver Surfer

mrwoogieman

aman619

Solar

Calamerica

flink

ArAich

qualitycomix

554128-DRAFT1.jpg.305173117c7fb7d5eee4a3d427da4ce9.jpg

i'm not in this thing but am watching anxiously...

who will be mr. irrelevant?

Please refer to me as....insert evil laugh ....."The Sleeper."

You won't go last. Calamerica will go last.

From the original grading contest...

players, pick your captains! grin.gif

1. Newtsamson-----------------------100

2. Bill43----------------------------98

3. XmanX-----------------------------93

3. Rjpb------------------------------93

4. ArAich----------------------------92

4. Zipper68--------------------------92

4. Arty------------------------------92

5. Sterlingcomics--------------------90

6. Ultimatevenom---------------------89

6. DrBanner--------------------------89

7. AlexH-----------------------------86

7. Warlord---------------------------86 (92 actually smile.gif )

7. Lordraul--------------------------86

8. 143ksk----------------------------85

9. Aces------------------------------84

10. FantasyFootballBono---------------82

11. Pedigreeman-----------------------81

12. Redhook---------------------------80

13. Rocketeer-------------------------79

13. Nearmint--------------------------79

13. Jimm94----------------------------79

14. DiceX-----------------------------78

15. Jayman----------------------------76

16. Sfilosa---------------------------74

17. Uclapeterg------------------------72

18. Darthdiesel-----------------------70

19. Beaumonts-------------------------69

19. Supapimp--------------------------69

20. Stronguy--------------------------67

20. OsborneFrance---------------------67

21. Fan4Fan---------------------------65

22. Cakamerica------------------------63

23. Awe4One---------------------------61

24. Davidling623----------------------59

25. Burntboy--------------------------52

26. Scrooge---------------------------47

27. Silver----------------------------45

28. Inconceivable---------------------43

29. Dudesim---------------------------35

30. RS--------------------------------29

31. Divadrubnud-----------------------26

32. Richnerd--------------------------24

33. Grider67--------------------------18

34. Namisgr---------------------------15

35. Galaxor---------------------------12

36. ThanosOfitan----------------------10

36. Garthgantu------------------------10

36. Zanarkland------------------------10

36. Ninanina--------------------------10

36. Johannschmidt---------------------10

37. Eaglessbchamps---------------------8

37. Nerfherder-3-----------------------8

37. PaulMaul---------------------------8

38. JoeMad-----------------------------7

38. Durden08---------------------------7

39. Chadamir---------------------------6

40. FlamingCarrot----------------------5

41. Aman619----------------------------3

41. Punyhuman--------------------------3

41. Povertyrow-------------------------3

41. Musicmeta--------------------------3

I've already been picked but rememebr when choosing - the chart can be deceptive. I graded, I think, one or two books at the end! So my "3" don;t necessarily mean anything, as do the other lower scores. As my 6th grade gym teacher used to say "A word to the wise should be sufficent." grin.gif

I've already been picked but rememebr when choosing - the chart can be deceptive. I graded, I think, one or two books at the end! So my "3" don;t necessarily mean anything, as do the other lower scores. As my 6th grade gym teacher used to say "A word to the wise should be sufficent." grin.gif

Yikes! 893whatthe.gif I wouldn't advertise the fact that your average score was either 3 or 1.5 per round. boo.gifstooges.gif27_laughing.gif

I had these four picked this morning but was waiting thinking we'd wait until ffb picked and went in turn instead of the free for all foreheadslap.gif

J_C

Divadrabund

Burntboy

Rocketeer

sumo.gif

I pick divadrabund now I guess, then rocketeer next if he isn't taken

Darth hi.gif Made my day! cloud9.gif "First Round Draft Pick" Wow, I like the sound of that! I'm all over the RocketMan if he's still available! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Yikes! 893whatthe.gif I wouldn't advertise the fact that your average score was either 3 or 1.5 per round. boo.gifstooges.gif27_laughing.gif

It is a diversionary tactic for all those not on the team I am on. They are now lulled into a sense of security bordering on torpor. In this way shall they be undone! (err - should diversionary tactics be explained when they are put into effect?) confused.gifinsane.gif

By the way -- I am leaving town for the weekend starting tomorrow afternoon at 4 p.m. PDT and won't be back until Sunday. I have asked Newtsamson to pick our remaining teammates and act as alternate captain if there is anything that needs doing during that time frame.

Where you headin? hi.gif

Where you headin? hi.gif

Reno and Tahoe for bachelor party madness. cloud9.gif893applaud-thumb.gif No, not MY bachelor party. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Here's a question....how to stop the captain who holds out for the last pick in round one, from immediately picking again, as the first picker in round two? Am I clear? If you were smart, you'd get two consecutive picks that way.

So Osborne might be waiting till some wacky U.S. time like 4am in the morning here (10am there) and get two consecutives! You wiley french guy! I know what you're up to! foreheadslap.gif

I think it's only fair that captain who picks last, can choose two in a row. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Where you headin? hi.gif

Reno and Tahoe for bachelor party madness. cloud9.gif893applaud-thumb.gif No, not MY bachelor party. 893naughty-thumb.gif

I recommend Bob's (if you have to ask. . .) and the Basque restaurant downtown Reno sumo.gif

Where you headin? hi.gif

I recommend Bob's (if you have to ask. . .) and the Basque restaurant downtown Reno sumo.gif

Thanks! But who has time for food at a bachelor party? confused.gif