• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Draft- Captains come and pick

934 posts in this topic

The competition doesn't start for the best part of a month

Yeah, there's defnitely no rush, but had we stuck to the "old method" of going one at a time, in order, I bet we wouldn't have hit the deadline. 27_laughing.gif

Where the hell are these guys?

Do they have lives out of the forum? 893whatthe.gif

Well....maybe they aren't taking their Captain responsibilities seriously.... 893whatthe.gifsmirk.gifflowerred.gif

There's always one, or two, in a crowd..... insane.gif

Jim

Where the hell are these guys?

Do they have lives out of the forum? 893whatthe.gif

Well....maybe they aren't taking their Captain responsibilities seriously.... 893whatthe.gifsmirk.gifflowerred.gif

There's always one, or two, in a crowd..... insane.gif

Jim

i suspect that they have real lives like all of us (well, except me maybe) and just haven't gotten around to it yet.

i also want to echo FFB's comments about UV and Nikos making this possible and going thru all of this trouble. (i think this is half the fun). grin.gif

it's certainly better than reading posts about danny d or how much catwoman sucks or TGC (although i actually enjoy those threads)...... devil.gif

Everyone who isn't picked, needs to send Burntboy a resume, and a cover letter saying why we should pick them. We (me and Harry) are particularly looking for BA/Modern collectors who are unduly harsh in their grading. insane.gif

If you can send an mpeg video file showing you grading a book, that would also be very helpful. 27_laughing.gif

893whatthe.gif

Sorry for the delay, i'm back from the sea... Yes, it's holidays time here grin.gif

Give me five minutes, and i'm back with my choice 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

popcorn.gif

Yeah, time must move a lot slower in France. foreheadslap.gif

By the way -- I am leaving town for the weekend starting tomorrow afternoon at 4 p.m. PDT and won't be back until Sunday. I have asked Newtsamson to pick our remaining teammates and act as alternate captain if there is anything that needs doing during that time frame.

holy s893censored-thumb.gif ! I'm going on vacation too and won't be back til the 8th... I'll leave divadrabund in charge smile.gif

Yes, that's ok with me.

So that is two captains leaving there duties with others 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I won't be gone til Sunday 8/2 in the evening but in my absence if anything needs to be done, divad's the man... I'll check in periodically next week but not too much as Disney calls smile.gif

thumbsup2.gif Got your back!

So does that leave just Sterling to pick for the first round?
Yes it does.

I give him till 11pm English time otherwise i will pick for him.

And that is what EST?

I use to know that stuff... 893frustrated.gif

Yes it does.

And that is what EST?

I use to know that stuff... 893frustrated.gif

Calculate it this way.

The only time i know in USA is that i am 8 hours in front of Deathlok, so you do the maths.

Yes it does.

Well, I don't want to put words into Sterling's mouth, but he did say once that

"mrwoogieman would be my first choice in any grading competition in which I was a captain of a team and he was part of an available draft pool, because, although I don't know mrwoogieman and have not had any dealings with him whatsoever, from reading his posts I inherently know that he's first rate. If I were to be absent or otherwise incapacitated from selecting a draftee, I would without hesitation give UV or anyone else running a grading competition like that full authority to add mrwoogieman to my team."

see? so it's cool! stooges.gif

I should ask exactly how many hours from the time this post is made will it be 11PM English time.

English time; I assume that's greenwich mean time.