• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All Star #3 what grade do you think?

25 posts in this topic

There's something weird going on with the colors. The back cover is completely washed out. Those colors should be deep and bright. The interior colors look like they've soaked through the pages. Looks to me like the book has been soaked in water at some point. Or maybe colored in. Or both.

Thanks Fury, How did you do that? I would like to imbed the pics into the post like that. I saw that too. The colors seemed to have bled. Maybe it was soak as the ripples do reflect this.

In Photobucket, copy the "IMG code". It's the one the begins with . There's one for full size, and one for thumbnail size. Then paste that code into the text box here. That's all there is to it.

Can you take a pic of the interior covers? I'm fairly certain what you have is a Don Maris reprint from 1975 and someone colored the back cover & interior pages with crayon & colored pens. That explains the centerfold bleed-through.

You can tell it's a fake when you look at the rifle on the back cover. It should be brown like the football & the violin are. Whoever colored it forgot to color the rifle.

Can you take a pic of the interior covers? I'm fairly certain what you have is a Don Maris reprint from 1975 and someone colored the back cover & interior pages with crayon & colored pens. That explains the centerfold bleed-through.

You would be correct.

Also, here is the centerfold of an original, notice the font, and outline are supposed to be red. (and blue at the bottom)

DSC09583_zps0b567b61.jpg

And on the FC, it does not say (15 cents in Canada) in the rectangle below the 10 cent Circle.

:(

You can it's fake when you look at the rifle on the back cover. It should be brown like the football & the violin are. Whoever colored it forgot to color the rifle.

Your vast knowledge is greatly appreciated, West. :applause:

You can it's fake when you look at the rifle on the back cover. It should be brown like the football & the violin are. Whoever colored it forgot to color the rifle.

Your vast knowledge is greatly appreciated, West. :applause:

+1

I knew something was weird about it.

You would be correct.

Also, here is the centerfold of an original, notice the font is supposed to be red. (and blue at the bottom)

DSC09583_zps0b567b61.jpg

And on the FC, it does not say (15 cents in Canada) in the rectangle below the 10 cent Circle.

:(

Ze-Man. Not all of them say "15¢ in Canada" in the box. Many are blank.