• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Movie Plot Hole Thread

253 posts in this topic

Love the Lord of the Rings films. Then a boardie posted this insanely logical observation:

Why didn't they just fly the giant eagle to Mount Doom?

hm:facepalm:

Still enjoy the films, but damn. lol

I always thought they had to walk to avoid detection by the eye. It would see the big giant eagle and send a dragon riding dude after them.

ahem http://www.youtube.com/channel/SW1nkEYDHQFw0

:applause:lollol

Independence Day. The world is saved because the aliens are Mac-compatible.

I mean why didn't they just take up a couple a suitcase nukes? - va boom.

In the movie Somewhere in Time, "Superman" travels back time to the early 1900s, but before leaving, an old lady (that ends up being the love of his life somehow), gives him a pocket watch, but the person that gave her the watch was him, when he had traveled back in time....but she gave it to him before he traveled back.... hm

Shouldn't Skynet win in the first Terminator film? Presumably, John Connor is so special that knocking him off (or keeping him from being born) means the human rebellion collapses. Arnold didn't manage to kill Sarah, but through his actions John has a different father and comes from a different one of his mother's eggs (unless she got pregnant during the same month the first time through history).

So, is it likely that this version of John Connor has the same characteristics as the first John Connor? I would say no ... and the rebellion collapses. Or did I miss something? (I'm ignoring the later films here where we know the rebellion didn't collapse.) hm

In the movie Somewhere in Time, "Superman" travels back time to the early 1900s, but before leaving, an old lady (that ends up being the love of his life somehow), gives him a pocket watch, but the person that gave her the watch was him, when he had traveled back in time....but she gave it to him before he traveled back.... hm

I cant believe you're admitting to watching that movie......RICHARD!!!!!!!!!!

Shouldn't Skynet win in the first Terminator film? Presumably, John Connor is so special that knocking him off (or keeping him from being born) means the human rebellion collapses. Arnold didn't manage to kill Sarah, but through his actions John has a different father and comes from a different one of his mother's eggs (unless she got pregnant during the same month the first time through history).

So, is it likely that this version of John Connor has the same characteristics as the first John Connor? I would say no ... and the rebellion collapses. Or did I miss something? (I'm ignoring the later films here where we know the rebellion didn't collapse.) hm

I t might have been a 50% different John Connor genetically speaking, but the second time around he was brought up by a mentally derranged woman obsessed with the apocaliptic future, so in all essense, he was brain washed to the max. hm

I cant believe you're admitting to watching that movie......RICHARD!!!!!!!!!!

:(:blush::(

Another quibble with Star Wars….

In Revenge of the Sith we are led to believe that Anakin killed children…. For me, there is no way back from that, no way of redemption from killing children. Lucas dropped the ball on that one.

That has never sat well with me and made me view the final scene of ROTJ completely differently afterwards. Now I am like "BURN VADER... BURN!!!"

this bugged me too. i just didn't believe that anakin would murder kids, even if he sided with palpatine and thought the jedi's were wrong. to me, that was worse than introducing jar jar, and on par with the love scenes for awfulness.

Love the Lord of the Rings films. Then a boardie posted this insanely logical observation:

Wouldn't have worked when Sauron was still alive prior to the ring already being destroyed. The all-seeing eye would have sent the ring-wraiths to impede and attack any giant eagles flying towards the mountain. :gossip:

On Loopers, why in the heck would future gangsters need to send people back just to get murdered?...if they needed to send someone back to dispose of him, why send him back to his old self?...I mean, if you wanted to dispose of someone, and you could pretty much decide where and when you wanted him to appear at, why not have him appear 1 kilometer up in the air, in the middle ages?..it seems like the Rainmakerdude had no vision (well..besides taking over the world of course!), he didn't put much thought into getting rid of bodies..plus he could have sent the bodies without the gold or silver...or the gangsters could have made the bodies appear in the middle of the Ocean...

Paradox.

I can't believe that the latest Batman movie wasn't mention? Have a broken back Batman, well just get some old dude to string you up on tug boat grade rope and punch you in the back and you'll be up and about in no time! :facepalm:

Now you've done it.

I can't believe that the latest Batman movie wasn't mention? Have a broken back Batman, well just get some old dude to string you up on tug boat grade rope and punch you in the back and you'll be up and about in no time! :facepalm:

Now you've done it.

The only think that could make it worse was if his cell mate said "I'm Backman".

This is a criticism (fair one, I think) that I have heard for many years. My problem isn't that the Eagles don't do this, but that they DO show up as often as they do to "save the say".

Tolkein used them as a deux ex eaglea too often.

I don't believe the eagles could have taken on the winged Nazgul, and the eagles attempting to fly to Mt Doom would have been detected by the( not quite)All- Seeing Eye. That would have given away the whole plot.

Now you've done it.

Don't forget that his cartilage miraculously regenerates as well.

Now you've done it.

Don't forget that his cartilage miraculously regenerates as well.

Bat-medicine.

In the first Matrix. When Morpheus brings Neo into the Matrix

to explain to him what it is.

He says: "There are fields...endless fields,

were human beings are no longer born. We are grown.

For the longest time, I wouldn't believe it...and then I saw the

fields with my own eyes. Watch them liquefy the dead, so

they could be fed intravenously to the living."

"Liquefy the dead" So, if they liquefy the dead.

Why did the machines just flush Neo when he was first

awakened in his pod and just dump him a sewer where

he could easily be picked up by Morpheus's ship?? Instead

of putting him through a "shredder / food processor"

on his way down to be liquified into food???

In the first Matrix. When Morpheus brings Neo into the Matrix

to explain to him what it is.

He says: "There are fields...endless fields,

were human beings are no longer born. We are grown.

For the longest time, I wouldn't believe it...and then I saw the

fields with my own eyes. Watch them liquefy the dead, so

they could be fed intravenously to the living."

"Liquefy the dead" So, if they liquefy the dead.

Why did the machines just flush Neo when he was first

awakened in his pod and just dump him a sewer where

he could easily be picked up Morpheus's ship?? Instead

of putting him through a "shredder / food processor"

on his way down to be liquified into food???

I took it that the Nebuchadnezzar crew had hacked his pod once he removed himself from the Matrix.